Tordearon - Death Knight

Think you've got what it takes to join The Devils Backbone? Post your details in here and we'll get back to you

Moderators: Drexx, Løyning

Tordearon - Death Knight

Postby Tordearon on Tue May 26, 2020 3:19 pm

Your age: 28

Your nationality: Dutch

Can you use Discord and do you have a microphone (you don't need to speak to join but we do need you to listen): Yes

How long have you been playing WOW: February 2007

Will you be able to attend the raids (answer yes, no or maybe):
Monday 20.15-23.00: Yes
Thursday 20.15-23.00: Yes

ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER

Character name: Tordearon

Character class: Death Knight

Character ilevel: 407

How long have you been level 120 (use /played in-game): 2 days 3:3:4

Character spec: Interchangeable - Used to always play frost but fine with Unholy of offspec tanking aswell.

What stats do you think it is important for your character to focus on: Crit, as it serves both Frost (prio) and Unholy really well. Mastery as a secondary pick.

Do you have an offspec and do you have gear for it: Returning player - guessing by the ilvl I dont have gear for a lot at the moment. But will invest if you are looking for offspec tanks, though I read on another application that your pretty full on those.

Character tradeskill professions and levels: Mining/Herbalism (for expansion start phase) typically respec to Alchemy (at the cost of mining) around the time the first raid goes live.

Make sure to give us an armory link using the armory button above inserting your character name between the tags (please log off in your PvE gear): - https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... tordearon/

What sets you aside from other applicants: Well, Im old and married and have a kid, so I don't have to act like one in its stead. I'm a long term WoW player that left off after the launch of BfA as I then finished school and started working (and all the above). Now that everything has settled in, im looking to pick up raiding again. I care alot about the community and history of a guild, hence I turn to TDB as one of the familiar names on the realm. Even after being gone from Turalyon since 2010/2011 I still have some people on the realm that ive always kept in touch with. I value that you guys are a long standing guild, which to me says you also cherish tradition and longterm commitments to each other and the game.

Previous guild(s): On Turalyon; Seven, Dark Elements (in TBC) [Disbanded], Sacred Knights, Nine (hardcore Horde guild during Lich King).

Reason(s) why you left previous guild(s): Dark Elements stopped excisting, Sacred Knights had mediocre progres so regardless of having a great time I wanted to step up the game back then. Then Nine but as with hard-core guilds, had to drop from the roster when I took on a job and couldnt attend all 5 raid nights. Left Seven after transferring realms to go for a period of PVPing. Lastly I came back from Ravencrest to which I went to join real life friends, where I was part of Nightshift, experience there with the guild leaders turned from good to worse in the end and the spark of raiding kind of died with it (besides getting a job and the rest I mentioned).

Reasons why you would like to join: I value tradition and long term commitments combined with serious possibilities to make progress. I like that the guild offers the ability for just 2 nights (with 1 minimal) to combine more seamless with a members personal life. I am looking to establish long standing guildmember friendships and need a guild that will keep us together to do so. Im looking to start building that commitment now, well before the launch of the new Xpac so we know one another when the raids go live again.

Are there any people in the guild that you know: Not yet.
Tordearon

Re: Tordearon - Death Knight

Postby Nerubian on Tue May 26, 2020 6:50 pm

Thank you for your Application we get back to you as soon as we can.
Nerubian
Officer

Postby Drexx on Tue May 26, 2020 10:38 pm

Hi Tordearon,

Thanks for the application. You are currently a bit too undergeared ATM for us to bring straight into mythics or even the occasional heroic raid. However, you seem like a decent person and we appreciate you've taken the time to research and look us up. If you want to join as a social (which would basically let you do anything apart from the progression raids on Monday and Thursday) we're happy to have you join. If you gear up enough while being with us, we could have a future conversation about moving into the raid team.

Let me know if this is of interest to you or if you want to talk about it more.
Will tank for food.
Drexx
Officer

Postby Tordearon on Tue May 26, 2020 11:08 pm

Thank you for the quick reply.

By no means was I applying for a slot in your Mythic/Heroic roster. I am very aware that my ilvl is not sufficient, nor would I have expected any different after being away from the game for the extended time I have been.

My focus now is primarily on getting to know you guys, bonding with the guild and rejoining a raiding roster with the Shadowlands raids in mind - or sooner, if the ilvl gets up well enough.

It would my pleasure to join you.
Tordearon

Postby Drexx on Tue May 26, 2020 11:29 pm

Great! Send a whisper to one of the officers in game when you're ready for an invite.
Will tank for food.
Drexx
Officer

Return to Joining the Backbone