Application - Herzen.

Think you've got what it takes to join The Devils Backbone? Post your details in here and we'll get back to you

Moderators: Drexx, Løyning

Application - Herzen.

Postby Herzen (imported) on Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:10 am

Apologies if this application strikes you as verbose/ contains nonsensical dribble. I’m not drunk, honest. I’ve added several fields of my own to my application as several questions on your application are not applicable to my past/current WoW status. I’ve also done this in an attempt to make myself come across as an affable, witty, and down-to-earth person. Hopefully you’ll warm to me. >=)

About The Handler:

Name: STU!

Interests: Guitar, music, WoW (fuh-real!?), History, photography, pwnin’ on the dance floor, getting horrendously wrecked on a Friday night. Think of student mentality and I somehow probably fall into a/several stereotype(s).

Character Information:

Character name: Herzen

Character class: Human Rogue

Character level: 70.

Character Tradeskill/Profession: Skinning/Leatherworking. I’ve literally just rerolled so you’re looking at mind-blowing levels of 1 and 2. Please refrain from kicking me in the e-testicles. =D

Character spec: I’m heading for a 15/51/5 spec. I’m initially focusing on swords as I’ve always excelled with a combat sword set up.

I’m flexible, however, so I generally tend to spec depending on what is best for the team.

Why the DBB?

Today marked my return to WoW after at least a year out. Subsequently, I’m looking to get back into the swing of WoW life as quickly as possible, but it can be quite hard when most/ALL of your friends are no longer active. I’m currently in the process of taking Herzen from Al’Akir and transferring him across to Turalyon to focus on some good ol’ PvE action. Why? God knows. I like to make spontaneous decisions and stick with them! After a good hour of searching around I somehow stumbled across these forums…

The DBB (well, going by the FAQ and rules guide you’ve got up here) seem to strike a balance between raiding/general WoW activities and real life, which I can dig. I like to party on the weekends like any sane individual. But on a serious note, your raiding schedule suits mine perfectly. I’m free throughout the week to raid, run heroics/5mans and participate with the guild in any activities you may have going on.

Most importantly, I'd like to earn my spot on the team. If right now there is no extra space for a Rogue, please consider me anyway. Even if that means sitting on the sidelines for a bit, I will reward your patience with my hard work, perseverance, team play, and pwnage.

You’ll be happy to know that I’m a quick learner. I should be, considering the levels of debt that I’m plunging myself into in order to get a bleedin’ History degree.

Any spare time? Well I’ll probably be kicking arse having my arse kicked in some form of PvP action.

Finally, If you’re unlucky, you may catch me online off my trolley. >=)

EDIT: Forgot to add this in:

Were all of the above characters levelled by you from the start?: Yes.

I think my Armoury link is currently disabled as I’m in the process of transferring Herzen. If needs be, I’ll gladly edit this in when available.

Right, I’m orf to get spangled on pigfuckers. Yes, it is a real drink, and yes, it gets you seriously drunk!

Last edited by Herzen on Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Herzen (imported)

Application - Herzen.

Postby Herzen (imported) on Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:02 pm

I don't know whether or not it was my University connection pissing around as usual, but my armory link appears to be working now. And the transfer was successful. Hurrah.

The 'badboy' himself:

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&n=Herzen

Apologies for the delay.

Ciao,

Herzen.
Herzen (imported)

Application - Herzen.

Postby Highspirits (imported) on Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:02 pm

Hey, thanks for the application, however at this time we are not sure with everyone leveling to 80 on characters that might be their new mains what classes/roles we are short on. As such I would have to say that we need time to secure our raiding requirements before accepting any new members for roles which look like they may be overfilled.

If you are wishing to join for a raiding place then I would advise you reach 80 and speak with Dristan the Guild Leader to see if we have space in for melee as at this time we just don't know.

Hmm... time to change Signature I spose with my new character.

Main:

Highbred - Death Knight (80)

Rogues don't die, we just fade away! (Then come back as Death Knights!!)

Alts:

Highspirits - Rogue Class Officer (70)|Jenkins - Druid Tank (70)|Jaegar - Shadow Priest (70)|Salivor - Much Fury (70)
Highspirits (imported)

Application - Herzen.

Postby Herzen (imported) on Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:20 pm

Thanks for the reply, Highspirits. I'll keep your message in mind, but if there really is little opportunity of me being able to later raid then I'll have to look elsewhere.

Pub time.

Cheers,

Herzen.
Herzen (imported)

Return to Joining the Backbone