Johnnywiz - Fire mage :)

Think you've got what it takes to join The Devils Backbone? Post your details in here and we'll get back to you

Moderators: Drexx, Løyning

Postby Johnnywiz (imported) on Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:57 am

Hi,

My characters name is Johnnywiz.

He is a Fire Mage

Specced as 10/48/3

His professions are :- Enchanter + Tailor, both maxed for some time. His secondary professions were maxed out a long time ago too. (I also have a priest who is a (maxed) Alchemist Elixir Master, who makes all my pots and flasks for me)

My raiding experience is

Kara on farm (cleared in 3.5hours back in April I think, but I tend to just fill in now – we used to have a 2 team race. Image )

Gruul on farm

Maggi on farm

Zul’Aman 5/6 + a “fun” try at Zul'jin at the end of the raid

TK 2/4 – VR and Solarian on farm – Al’ar about 30% and a “fun” try on Kael

SSC 2/6 – Lurker on farm, Hydross a couple of times. Leo about 15% I think.

MH first boss around 20% I think

I have all the heroic keys and have cleared all the heroics many many times. Only Old Hillsbrad has eluded me, mainly because few people will go and then give up very easily. Since they nerfed it, its attraction has diminished, though I always keep an eye out for a group there.

My armoury link is Herebut I notice it doesn’t show my "Scyer’s Blood gem" which I equip in boss fights to cap my hit-rate. What the armoury doesn’t show is that I have a haste rating of 145, which is close to my target of 157 to give me a 10% spell cast speed increase. Again the armoury may show my T5 shoulders rather than the “Mantle of Ill Intent” I equip to help boost it. I’ll try to log out with both equipped, though the armoury doesn’t seem to update so often Image

I’ve played WoW for quite sometime now, joining Knights of Luthien in May 2006. (Time played is 175.5 days btw). I was class leader/officer for some time. Sadly that guild split in two around Feb 2007, supposedly taking the elite players to Guardians of Isis. Isis raided Kara extensively, but were a strongly social guild so never insisted on raid attendance. This meant progression to 25 man places was almost impossible simply through not being able to get enough people together. I lead many raids there with good success eventually leaving early in 2008 as I realized I would be unlikely to see any 25 man places if I stayed. I left to find a true raiding guild which is Pride of the Alliance. With them I have cleared Gruul and Maggi regularly, Maggi before he was nerfed. These hold little challenge now and tend to be “fun” events. Zul’Aman is also a “side-show” with the guild concentrating on SSC and TK, though I was there when we killed Hex Lord Malacrass and had a “fun” try on Zul’jin, more to see what happens (we wiped about 45%).

Pride is a great guild, but for a couple of months now its raids have become sparse and poor sign-ups have caused cancelled raids to TK and SSC. Although it hurt me to leave, it was killing my mage to stay. I love my mage and it is a thrill, even after all this time, to play him, but none of the heroics hold much challenge for him. I am looking for a guild which will give me new challenges and stretch my mage to his limit. For me, the challenge of a new boss is what gives me a thrill, and I am very eager to try and down as many of the present bosses as possible before WoW gets a mega nerf when Wotlk comes in.

Personally, respect, honour and fairness are very important to me, and I try hard to be true to these. I believe I have a calm personality, and I always try to have fun and help others to enjoy WoW too. I am well know in all my last guilds for helping guildies when they need me (though I may *hide* if someone says “Deadmines" Image ). Loot, which seems to cause so many problems with some players, is a means to an end for me, and I have frequently passed an item I wanted in favour of another player it would benefit.

Oh – and just if you need to know – I’m over 21 (some may say well over) and I work full-time. The raid days and times wont be a problem, though occasionally I wont be able to get to one now and again (which I would let you know in advance). I would always stay until the raid ends, no matter what time that is.

Thanks (and sorry for the wall of words.... Image )
Johnnywiz (imported)

Postby Highspirits (imported) on Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:29 am

Hey Johnnywiz, just thought I'd post to say Dristan the guild leader or Mayen the Mage officer should post in reply to your application soon here or ingame.

Thought I'd post to say 'thanks' for helpin me out in wintersping on my warrior alt Salivor while I was leveling Image

Glad to see you have your wintersaber trainers rep to exalted now Image

gl with your app, seemed like a nice guy when you stopped to help me kill some mobs I obviously should have been leaving alone Image

Highbred - Death Knight (80)

Rogues don't die, we just fade away! (Then come back as Death Knights!!)

Alts:

Highspirits - Rogue Officer(70)|Jenkins - Druid Tank(70)|Jaegar - Shadow Priest(70)|Salivor - Fury(70)
Highspirits (imported)

Postby Magekid (aka TinyTim) (imported) on Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:44 am

Johnny! /wave

He was in my old guild (Pride of the Alliance), He's a great mage, if you take him, he won't disappoint you ^^
Magekid (aka TinyTim) (imported)

Postby Hawksun (imported) on Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:30 pm

>He was in my old guild

The Guild of Wiz?

Postby Lucidity (imported) on Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:27 pm

Hawksun wrote:

The Guild of Wiz?

I heard to get into that guild you have to click your heels three times and think of Kansas.

L.
Lucidity (imported)

Postby Hawksun (imported) on Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:37 pm

Hmmm.. wha?

/clicks heels

Guild : Hawksun has left the guild

1. General : WTF?

Postby Dris (imported) on Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:41 pm

Hawksun wrote:

Hmmm.. wha?

/clicks heels

Guild : Hawksun has left the guild

1. General : WTF?

and thus hawk became known as dorothy...

thanks for the excellent application johnny, we're considering it and will be in touch shortly

d

WOWJUTSU TDB Ranking
Dris (imported)

Postby Johnnywiz (imported) on Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:22 pm

Quote:

you have to click your heels three times and think of Kansas

I can do that...*click click click* Image

and thanks for the support Highspirits and wizkid - anyone want "Recipe: Greater Frost Protection Potion".....I have 12 Image Image Image
Johnnywiz (imported)

Postby Saikano (imported) on Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:26 pm

Shush you, I'm still trying to get rid of mine and I'm not exalted yet.

Currently trying the mailing to random people technique.

Return to Joining the Backbone