Lawnlurker - Fire Mage

Think you've got what it takes to join The Devils Backbone? Post your details in here and we'll get back to you

Moderators: Drexx, Løyning

Lawnlurker - Fire Mage

Postby Lawnlurker on Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:26 pm

Your age: 32

Your nationality: Norwegian

Your gender: Male

Can you use Vent and do you have a microphone (you don't need to speak to join but we do need you to listen):

Yeah, no worries there.

How long have you been playing WOW:

Since late vanilla. Started around 6-7 months before TBC hit.

Will you be able to attend the raids (answer yes, no or maybe):
Monday 20.15-23.00:
Tuesday 20.15-23.00:
Thursday 20.15-23.00:

Yes.

ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER

Character name: Lawnlurker

Character class: Mage

Character ilevel: 850

How long have you been level 110 (use /played in-game): 1d6h

Character spec: Fire

Which glyphs are you using, and why:

Suspecting this is outdated, but any self-respecting firemage cant live without Glyph of Sparkles.

What stats do you think it is important for your character to focus on:

Was just about to write crit all the way, but mastery helps insanly much on cleaving if we're talking primarly ST. Full blown mastery seems abit weird, but might be good for m+ probably. But like with all classes its a balance isnt it, theres very little classes who would benefit from having 14000 in one stat and 2000 in the next.

Do you have an offspec and do you have gear for it:

Bit tricky this, considering the artifact system. But sure, I always try having an alternative specc viable.

Character tradeskill professions and levels:

Got enchanting and tailoring on this one.

Make sure to give us an armory link using the armory button above inserting your character name between the tags (please log off in your PvE gear):

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... ker/simple

What sets you aside from other applicants:

I wont say Im a meter-whore(one of the few), but for my own satisfaction I always try lining up all my cd's be it trash or boss or whatever, unless its part of the boss-strategy to save cd's for key points in the fight. The point is, I strive to make use of every single ability my class has. This doesnt mean I ignore everything else, because using every single ability also means I absolutely HAVE to see if that buff can be spellstolen or if I can blink through this damaging ability without taking damage etc etc.
Maybe it means Im adventorous, curious, plainright stupid or whatever you might call it, Im not excactly sure. Its a tough question to be honest
Other than that I like to think Im a fairly laidback guy who tries to contribute to building a strong community. Ive played this game nonstop since vanilla and seen seemingly countless friends and guildees stop playing the game. But I always sticked with it because of the social aspect. One gets to know so many people through this game, and when one logs on just to have a chat without even playing, thats really the magic with it imo.
I cant stand drama, so Id really like to find a guild with likeminded players who raid in a relaxed and laidback but focused manner.

Previous guild(s):

A couple of guilds on different servers, doubt you'd heard of thoose.
Insurgent Force - My own guild where we did some heroic/mythic raiding in MoP.
Novus Inceptum - Mythic guild
The Phoenix Reborn - Mythic guild

Reason(s) why you left previous guild(s):

Insurgent Force just kinda died down due to people quitting.
Novus completely blew up from the inside out.
TPR disbanded Team 1.

Reasons why you would like to join:

Got a reply from my cry for halp at the battle.net forums, had a chat with one of you and it seemed lovely! <3

Any alts you would like to join with:

If I get in and enjoying my time I would like to bring them in for sure.

Were all of the above characters levelled by you from the start?:

Somewhat of an odd question, but yeah, I think so! :lol:

Are there any people in the guild that you know:

Not yet!
Lawnlurker

Re: Lawnlurker - Fire Mage

Postby Løyning on Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:36 pm

Cheers for the app, and the chat! Sparkles FTW.

Yoink. :)
Recruitment monkey!
Løyning
Officer

Return to Joining the Backbone