Shandria disc-priest

Think you've got what it takes to join The Devils Backbone? Post your details in here and we'll get back to you

Moderators: Drexx, Løyning

Shandria disc-priest

Postby Caitiff on Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:11 pm

Your age:32

Your nationality: Belgian

Your gender: male

Can you use Vent and do you have a microphone (you don't need to speak to join but we do need you to listen): yes

How long have you been playing WOW: 9 years, almost ten (breaks not substracted)

Will you be able to attend the raids (answer yes, no or maybe):
Monday 20.15-23.00: no
Tuesday 20.15-23.00: yes (except during summer break)
Thursday 20.15-23.00: yes (during summer break I might have to pass)

ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER
I have several lvl 90's, but I play my priest most,, and is also the best geared atm.

Character name: Shandria

Character class: priest

Character ilevel: 534

How long have you been level 90 (use /played in-game): 7 days 3 hours 15 minutes

Character spec: discipline

Which glyphs are you using, and why:
- glyph of holy fire : longer range means a larger area of operations
- glyph of power word: shield: 20% is converted into healing, so only 80% is blocked. it results in a faster proc of rapture, and thus more manaregen
- glyph of reflective shield: small portion of extra dps, but will be replaced soon by (most likely) penance or purify.

What stats do you think it is important for your character to focus on:

spirit, untill my regen is fast enough so I can last the longer fights
intellect, since 90% of my damage is converted into healing (also applies on crits), the higher my DPS, the more healing I do.
crit, like stated above
mastery, increases te absorption of my spells, and also my healing

Do you have an offspec and do you have gear for it:

Holy, but I kinda neglect that spec since disc can swich between atonement healing, and normal healing (which has the greater output), and shadow really doesnt match my playstyle

Character tradeskill professions and levels:
alchemy en herbalism, both at 600

Make sure to give us an armory link using the armory button above inserting your character name between the tags (please log off in your PvE gear):

I'll post a link when I get home from work. It might slip my mind though, so don't judge ;-).

What sets you aside from other applicants:
I'm a vanilla player, did most of the existing raids (not after the expansion), so I have some experience in basic mechanics of bosses, but other then that, I'm have a loving personality if that counts for something :-).

Previous guild(s):
Raw (first guild), drama, rexus terra, TCW, core of the alliance (officer), and some in between, but mostly for alts.

Reason(s) why you left previous guild(s): raiding died out, guilds becoming passive, the usual guildkillers

Reasons why you would like to join: compared to other guilds, te raiddays suit me better then most guilds, and more importantly, I got RL-friends in your guild.

Were all of the above characters levelled by you from the start?: I've survived blistering colds, burning heats, and everything in between, wasted blood and sweat to achieve this level of nerdiness... or in short: yes.

Any alts you would like to join with:

Not specifically, but I might haul them over after I get settled. the chars I got are: antitribu lvl90 warrior (tank) , loctar lvl90 hunter(do not confuse with loptar pls), djeesus lvl90 warlock, caitiff lvl90 rogue, asella lvl 88 deatknight, and then some lower levels

Are there any people in the guild that you know: Yes, someone called ahri and anoter called hagnus, also has several chars with demon in the names.

Take care, and talk to you soon.
Last edited by Caitiff on Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Caitiff

Re: Shandria disc-priest

Postby Løyning on Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:15 pm

Thanks for the app Shandria, we'll talk it over and be in touch! :)
Recruitment monkey!
Løyning
Officer

Postby Caitiff on Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:47 am

Caitiff

Postby Løyning on Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:14 pm

Alright Shandria, the score is this: We're currently on a break, and usually not in dire need of discipline priests. But, we're more than happy to offer you a social spot, since you're a friend of Ahri and Demo, which we won't hold against you!

If that sounds good, I'll try to catch you online at some point this weekend. :)

EDIT: Meant to say social spot, not trial! Sorry.
Recruitment monkey!
Løyning
Officer

Postby Ahriman on Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:19 pm

Ooooh, nooooooooes... runnnnnn....
there goes the guild ;p Joking... welcome to the madness m8...
Ahri's Friend: You coming out tonight?
Ahri: Sorry can't I'm going to a BBQ
Ahri's Friend: Why not come after?
Ahri: Unfortunately I flew out this morning as it's in the UK
Ahri's Friend: You are going to another country just for a BBQ... hmm!
Ahriman

Return to Joining the Backbone