Themask - Assassination Rogue (not rouge)

Think you've got what it takes to join The Devils Backbone? Post your details in here and we'll get back to you

Moderators: Drexx, Løyning

Themask - Assassination Rogue (not rouge)

Postby Themask on Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:12 pm

First of all i'd like you thank you for taking the time to read this. You'll find that i'm applying to your guild as I've heard good things about the guild itself and the people who make it what it is. I'd also like to add that this application should be looked at and judged with "Lezley's" application in mind as we are looking to join the same guild, I know it can be abit much to ask for at times but i'm afraid we are a "duo". Anyways lets get back on track.

Personal information about me as a person and who I am.

Your age: 28 and still growing, what can I say i'm a late bloomer

Your nationality: Danish, but please don't make me speak it as I haven't lived there since 1997 I think it was.

Your gender: Male

Can you use Vent and do you have a microphone (you don't need to speak to join but we do need you to listen): I can use vent, probably one of the only things I'm able to work on my pc, for the microphone part. Well lets just say you'd wish I didn't have one.

How long have you been playing WOW: Since 2004 I think it is just after Christmas.

Will you be able to attend the raids (answer yes, no or maybe): We spoke about this and we feel comfortable in saying that we can make the times and days given below.
Monday 20.15-23.00:
Tuesday 20.15-23.00:
Thursday 20.15-23.00:

ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER

Character name: Thèmask, Yes I have one of them stupid "è's" only because some shitty little inactive alt was sitting with MY name on Sylvanas when we transferred there from our original server. And yes there's only one real "Themask" and that is me.

Character class: Rogue, should not be mistaken with the colour red also known as "rouge".

Character ilevel: 549 if i'm not completely mistaken.

How long have you been level 90 (use /played in-game): What's this? Are you guys trying to work out how much of a sad lonely guy I am? :shock: God how could you, you just made me look and well it aint pretty. Fift-erhm, fiftyfi-erhmmm fiftyfive days at current erhm, level.

Character spec: Assassination

Which glyphs are you using, and why: Glyph of Vendetta, well it's the only glyph for rogues which effects your dps as assassination so was an easy choice. For the rest well "feint and CloS" their but for defensives but they make the world go round.

What stats do you think it is important for your character to focus on: There's only one stat Agility, nothing compares to the real deal. After that we have Mastery and well then comes haste and crit which are currently under debate due to new set bonuses and the change to trinket procs.

Do you have an offspec and do you have gear for it: I've got a Combat offspec, gear well so and so, I could go combat if I had to. But my gear aint optimal for it.

Character tradeskill professions and levels: Jewelcrafting and Leatherworking Max'ed

Make sure to give us an armory link using the armory button above inserting your character name between the tags (please log off in your PvE gear): http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/sylvanas/Th%c3%a8mask/advanced

What sets you aside from other applicants: My ability to adapt. Plus i'm ginger it's gotta count for something.

Previous guild(s):How far back are we talking? Well I'll go with late Cata and up until now. "Vision - Stormrage" (left to move to Sylvanas), "Semper Paratus - Sylvanas" (my guild things kinda fell apart because I went on holiday and none could be bothered to step up), "Perplexity - Sylvanas" (It's a big guild recruiting to get the better players so they'll push raiders out inorder to go that little futher, though prefers to do it slyly so we left). "Tribal Rage - Sylvanas" (I joined after being miss informed by the circumstances of the guild, yet thought we'd make the most of it so I led them to 4/13 heroic ToT before summer hit, we got slightly suck for abit, then I went on holiday again and guess what? Yep I got back to half a raid team who hadn't raided a single day whilst I were gone). So here I am, currently in a guild that I joined about a week ago who doesn't have a raid team but neither seems interested in trying to recruit for it. Who haven't said a word to me since Wednesday when they tried to set up a flex raid for those who are in the guild which they made me lead, yeah it's like a curse which i'm hoping to shake off as all I want is just to raid and enjoy what the game has to offer.

Reason(s) why you left previous guild(s): Opps well I think I kinda covered this in the above. ;)

Reasons why you would like to join: I'd like to join as I have some good friends already in the guild and well i'd like to raid again as we haven't really been able to do so since SoO was released, well nothing but Flex anyways but that means having to put up with all the retards and people wanting to bring their incapable alts just because they've got the experience on their mains.. Often ending with a massive lack in "dps". Funny how people think they don't need the gear to match said encounter as long as they have the experience :)

Were all of the above characters levelled by you from the start?: All? I only added one :) But yes it was, and man what a grind it's been over the years.

Any alts you would like to join with: I've got a "Protection Warrior" but we haven't decided if we wanna move to charaters yet.

Are there any people in the guild that you know: I know the 2 little weirdoes of Lysor (Björnie boy) and Deveroux (Melissa/Lisa).

I'd like to add that my previous raid experience extends to everything but the Cata expansion as we had a long break just before it's release as my partner "Lesley" were highly pregnant round that time, so we didn't really get back into WoW till late Dragon Soul but cleared it 8/8 heroic with yours truly (me) raid-leading, I've also been raid leading MsV, HoF, ToeS and ToT.
Themask

Re: Themask - Assassination Rogue (not rouge)

Postby Løyning on Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:16 pm

Thanks very much for the app Themask, we'll have a look and be in touch soon! ™
Recruitment monkey!
Løyning
Officer

Postby Deveroux on Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:55 pm

Heeyy :) glad you 2 finally applied.
Hope to be raiding with you soon!

Deve
Deveroux

Postby Løyning on Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:43 pm

Alrighty, having discussed your application, we've decided to offer you both trials. However, as we've discussed before, rotations may occur every now and then, because as you said yourself, we're not in dire need of your classes atm. Should not be too much of an issue though, I reckon.

Welcome, and good luck! :)
Recruitment monkey!
Løyning
Officer

Return to Joining the Backbone