skinth - unholy death knight application

Think you've got what it takes to join The Devils Backbone? Post your details in here and we'll get back to you

Moderators: Drexx, Løyning

skinth - unholy death knight application

Postby skinth on Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:27 pm

Your age: 31

Your nationality: british

Your gender: male

Can you use Vent and do you have a microphone (you don't need to speak to join but we do need you to listen):yes

How long have you been playing WOW: since it was released

Will you be able to attend the raids (answer yes, no or maybe):yes too all outside rl issues
Monday 20.15-23.00:
Tuesday 20.15-23.00:
Thursday 20.15-23.00:

ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER

Character name: skinth

Character class: death knight

Character ilevel: 535

How long have you been level 90 (use /played in-game): 23 days 17 hours

Character spec: unholy

Which glyphs are you using, and why:
my 3 major glyphs are anti magic shield, unholy frenzy and dark succor.

i chose anti magic shield as it absorbs a reasonable amount of boss aoe damage on most of the magic based bosses. i decided on getting unholy frenzy glyph as it removed the incomming damage when i was using the cd which in turn saves the healers using a minor heal top top me off when i was using it. dark succor i mainly use when im out soloing as it helps to keep killing mobs without having to stop for bandaging/eating especially on timeless isle.

What stats do you think it is important for your character to focus on:up until the patch my main stat focus was on haste as show in the armory link below. now with the new patch both main guides ive read (icyveins and elitist jerks) have said to put both crit and mastery over haste in priorities. i have started to switch over to these new stat recommendations as i obtain new gear from soo.

Do you have an offspec and do you have gear for it:i have a blood tank spec but i think my gear is a little low for current tier

Character tradeskill professions and levels: alchemy 600 & jewel crafting 600

Make sure to give us an armory link using the armory button above inserting your character name between the tags (please log off in your PvE gear):skinth

What sets you aside from other applicants: i feel i have worked hard for the equipment i have on my death knight and i have good experience in raiding as i have experience in most of the previous raids

Previous guild(s):was in blood axe/myth till late vanilla then joined focus around patch 2.1 in tbc raided there will late wotlk when i took a break rejoined myth in early cata till late last month as the guild recently ceased being a raiding guild and i am currently in shadowslords

Reason(s) why you left previous guild(s):i left focus in wotlk as i took a break due to bad raid burnout, i left myth last month as it ceased to be a raiding guild. shadowlords atm hasnt turned out to be the guild i was expecting it to be when i joined (cant remember why i left myth back at end of vanilla)

Reasons why you would like to join:i would like to get back into some decent 25 man raiding again

Were all of the above characters levelled by you from the start?:yes

Any alts you would like to join with: i would probably like to bring my shaman and warlock alts into the guild at some point

Are there any people in the guild that you know:not that i know of

if you need to contact me leave me a message here or whisper me in game
skinth

Re: skinth - unholy death knight application

Postby Løyning on Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:51 pm

Hello Skinth! Thanks very much for the application, we'll talk it over and be in touch soon™.

:)
Recruitment monkey!
Løyning
Officer

Postby Løyning on Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:18 pm

Alright Skinth, we've discussed your application, and would very much like to offer you a trial. We'll catch you in game to sort out the details.

Welcome, and good luck! :)
Recruitment monkey!
Løyning
Officer

Postby skinth on Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:05 pm

great ive got a few thing to sort before i sort faction change ect but should have it done by end of the night/tomorrow.

in the meantime /w me on horde side if you need a word
skinth

Return to Joining the Backbone