Kyralia - Holy Priest application

Think you've got what it takes to join The Devils Backbone? Post your details in here and we'll get back to you

Moderators: Drexx, Løyning

Kyralia - Holy Priest application

Postby Kyralia on Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:37 pm

Your age: 20

Your nationality: British

Your gender: Female

Can you use Vent and do you have a microphone (you don't need to speak to join but we do need you to listen): I have Vent installed but haven't used it in a while but i'm sure i can bust it out again (: I dont currently have a microphone that works since a slight accident between it and my cat but i can get hold of one if need be.

How long have you been playing WOW: this will be my 9th or 10th year playing (i cant remember which one of the two it is)
did some end game raiding in vanilla wow but on a different character, then did semi casual raiding in TBC (Kara, SSC, TK, BT) and did a lot more raiding in WOTLK (Naxx and ICC), in Cataclysm i had to go back to casual raiding due to some real life circumstances but still got through all raids except Firelands before i had to take a break from WOW and came back for the release of Pandaria.

Will you be able to attend the raids (answer yes, no or maybe):
Monday 20.15-23.00: Yes
Tuesday 20.15-23.00: Yes
Thursday 20.15-23.00: yes

ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER

Character name: Kyralia

Character class: Priest

Character ilevel: 509 (still actively gearing and replacing items as we speak (: )

How long have you been level 90 (use /played in-game): 23Days, 19Hours,

Character spec: Holy
I have been a holy priest since the beginning of TBC and still find it extremely versatile for healing.

Which glyphs are you using, and why:

Circle of Healing I chose this glyph for the reason of gaining more HPS on CoH which is one of my most used spells while raid healing and every little helps (:

Glyph of Renew I chose glyph of renew for two reasons, at this current time it improves my healing throughput while combined with the rapid renewal build and for the fact that i have not yet reached my haste cap for the extra tick on renew so this benefits my use of renew until i can reach that haste cap.

Glyph of Lightspring I currently have this glyph because of my use of it in 25man lfr and also on certain raid encounters like Tortus 10man where a bit of extra emergency healing is helpful to have on standby specially when people usually aren't too good at clicking lightwells.

When patch 5.4 goes live im aware that the Glyph of Lightspringl will become useless, so i plan to replace it with Glyph of Prayer of Mending which i already swap in and out of use with Glyph of the Lightspring depending on what the encounter needs by the way of healing. The Glyph of prayer of healing provides an instant heal plus still providing roughly the same raid healing when used correctly.

What stats do you think it is important for your character to focus on: Primarily the order i focus on is Spirit, Int, Haste, Mastery, Crit. I believe this stat order is important as for a healing priest we rely heavily on mana and our regeneration of mana. Spirit is the best stat for mana efficiency. After Spirit, Intellect increases the power of the heals given out thus increases HPS as the intellect value increases. Haste reduces my cast times and GCD which help in order to provide more healing, it also gives extra ticks on HOTs when stacked enough of it to hit the cap, 3039 is roughly the first breakpoint for haste in order to get 1 extra tick on Renew and 2 on Sanctuary, and 4721 is roughly the second breakpoint for a further tick on renew and lightwell. Im currently stacking haste in order to go from 3741 up to 4721. I then stack Mastery for the extra HOT is applies to every single target healing spell which increases HPS and throughput. Crit is just an extra bonus to me and i have never really put much effort into stacking it.

Do you have an offspec and do you have gear for it: I do have a shadow offspec which i use for doing the odd set of dailys and achievement runs through old instances. I don't currently have gear for it but if needed i can start to gear up my offspec incase it is needed. I started off as a shadow priest before i became a holy one so i am sorta aware of what im doing but i wouldn't say im a pro :P

Character tradeskill professions and levels: 600 enchanting / 600 tailoring / 600 cooking / 600 fishing / 600 archeology / 600 first aid.
I also have every other profession maxed to 600 between my other characters.

Make sure to give us an armory link using the armory button above inserting your character name between the tags (please log off in your PvE gear): http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... lia/simple

What sets you aside from other applicants: I am always determined to play at my best in order to help the guild make progress through content. I am willing to sit and play through however many wipes it takes to learn and progress on an encounter. I am always looking for ways to improve my character and play style so i spend time when i'm not playing reading up on encounters and healing tactics. Any constructive criticism is always welcomed and listened to as in the end its all useful (most of the time :p).

Previous guild(s): Way back in Vanilla Wow i was one of the original members of Krazy Fools in which i raided on my Hunter up until TBC came out when i started to level my priest up. I left KF for a change of scene early on in TBC and joined Conclave of Shadow where i raided with them till they broke off into a smaller guild (who's name escapes me at the current time which is kinda shameful but i remember it being Carpe ..). I left that guild when they went social and joined Krazy Fools again in order to play with some of my family that was there. I stayed in Krazy fools till the start of Pandaria where i changed guilds to Subversion.

Reason(s) why you left previous guild(s): I left Krazy Fools originally as the guild had gone mainly social to give people time to level at different paces and enjoy the expansion and i wanted to see the content and fancied a change of scene mainly.

I left Conclave or shadow and the smaller guild it split up into as i wanted to see the more end game content of TBC which they were not able to get to because of numbers, plus i wanted to raid and spend more time playing with some of my direct family who were within KF.

I left KF again at the start of Pandaria as the guild has gone pretty much social as there is little interest to raid.

Subversion are a lovely bunch of people but i have personal reasons for wanting to move on from there which i will talk about in private chat if that information is needed.

Reasons why you would like to join: One of the reasons is the fact that its one of the few guilds on the server who are actively 25man raiding and make steady progress within that. Some of my favourite memories of raiding are back in the 40man raids of vanilla wow and then the smaller group sizes of 25man raids. I enjoy 10man healing and the challenges it provides but i feel more at home and alive in a 25man setting. I haven't been in a guild 25man raid since back in WOTLK and i would like to hopefully become part of a guild 25man team again. I've heard that this guild is a bunch of decent friendly people who all have a good attitude to the game and raiding and that is what im looking for in my fellow players.

Were all of the above characters levelled by you from the start?: Yes, i've spent too much free time levelling characters :p

Any alts you would like to join with: Caderin 90 Destruction warlock ilvl 474 (currently gearing her up to raid if dps is needed rather than healing)

Are there any people in the guild that you know: Not that i know of.

Thank you for taking the time to read through my application.
Lara (:
Kyralia

Re: Kyralia - Holy Priest application

Postby Løyning on Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:24 pm

Thanks for the application Lara (that's a little intimidating*), we'll talk it over and be in touch soon!

* We know another lady called Lara, who's not at all ladylike.
Recruitment monkey!
Løyning
Officer

Postby Allu on Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:45 pm

another Lara?:O
H.O.M.E.W.O.R.K. = Half Of My Energy Wasted On Random Knowledge
Allu

Postby iggy on Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:49 pm

Kyralia wrote: I've heard that this guild is a bunch of decent friendly people who all have a good attitude to the game and raiding and that is what im looking for in my fellow players.

pfft! i say out with her!
iggy

Postby Løyning on Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:27 pm

Having discussed your application, we've decided to offer you a trial. I'll see you in-game asap to sort out the details! :)

Best of luck!
Recruitment monkey!
Løyning
Officer

Postby Kyralia on Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:50 pm

Thank you (: il wont be online till tomorrow due to work but i look forward to getting in contact with you anytime after that.
Kyralia

Postby Dris on Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:55 pm

Løyning wrote:* We know another lady called Lara, who's not at all ladylike.

+10 bravery

d
Dris
The Big Boner

Postby Cheekybelle on Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:57 pm

And Loy was never seen or heard of again.

Lara, on the other hand, had a great barbecue and invited all her friends over.
It's a lot like nuts and bolts - if the rider's nuts, the horse bolts! ~Nicholas Evans
Cheekybelle
Officer

Return to Joining the Backbone