Mage Application

Think you've got what it takes to join The Devils Backbone? Post your details in here and we'll get back to you

Moderators: Drexx, Løyning

Mage Application

Postby Silencer on Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:51 pm

Your age: 29

Your nationality: Belgian

Your gender: Male

Can you use Vent and do you have a microphone (you don't need to speak to join but we do need you to listen): I have Vent and TS3 installed . Steelseries WoW headset.

How long have you been playing WOW: 4-5 years , mostly on Chromaggus horde with Prozac Hunters where i was an officer and priest Classleader

Will you be able to attend the raids (answer yes, no or maybe):
Monday 20.15-23.00: yes
Tuesday 20.15-23.00: yes
Thursday 20.15-23.00: yes

ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER

Character name: Silèncer

Character class: Mage

Character ilevel: 502

How long have you been level 90 (use /played in-game): 24 days on this char , allthough my former main Siléncer on Kazzak has over 150 days logged and i recently decided to main this mage.

Character spec: Fire/Frost

Which glyphs are you using, and why: Combustion which is pretty much mandatory given the fact that on a 3m timescale i get 10s more uptime on combustion then without it. Cone of Cold and Inferno Blast for extra AoE damage.

What stats do you think it is important for your character to focus on: As Fire i focus on remaining hitcapped while getting all the crit i possibly can , then haste untill the 17.44% softcap ( which is pretty much unreachable at current gearlevels without severely gimping crit rating) . After that , mastery for increased Combustion damage.

Do you have an offspec and do you have gear for it: Sure , if i regem and reforge towards haste i can easily play frost.

Character tradeskill professions and levels: 600 mining - 600 Jewelcrafting

Make sure to give us an armory link using the armory button above inserting your character name between the tags (please log off in your PvE gear): http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/turalyon/Sil%C3%A8ncer/advanced

What sets you aside from other applicants: WARNING : wall of text incoming :lol: :lol:

I have been a long standing member and officer of a heroic raiding guild that was not without succes these past 4 years and i recently came back from a 6 month break after my old guild on chromaggus fell apart due to struggles within the leaderboard halfway through t14 heroic progression. I tried to continue raiding together with an IRL m8 of mine and we transferred to Twilight's Hammer to join SHAC.
Although after the ordeal with Prozac Hunters i found my morale and will to raid were at an all time low, so i took a break from WoW. About a month ago a colleague of mine asked if i would want to help out his guild here on Turalyon of which the members are really casual raiders , still raiding t14 content. By doing so the raiding bug struck me again and you guys are pretty much the only guild raiding 25 mans current content to which i feel i can still contribute.
I make it my bussiness to know all there is to know about a given encounter using various websites like icy veins and the fatboss guides. I allways come to a raid prepared with flasks , pots, food and 100% concentration.

Previous guild(s): Prozac Hunters on Chromaggus is really the only one that matters.

Reason(s) why you left previous guild(s): As stated above.

Reasons why you would like to join: Basicly , i just want to raid again and preferably on 25m. Your progress isnt that far out of reach for me to catch up with you.

Were all of the above characters levelled by you from the start?: Ofc

Any alts you would like to join with: maybe my druid , but hes just there to support my current main with pots and flasks. My former main http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/turalyon/Sil%C3%A8ncer/advanced is gonna stay on kazzak in my IRL m8's current guild just so we can do the odd LFR or pvp.

Are there any people in the guild that you know : Not yet
Silencer

Re: Mage Application

Postby Løyning on Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:08 pm

Thanks a lot for the application, Silencer. We'll talk it over and get in touch with you when we're reached a decicion. :)
Recruitment monkey!
Løyning
Officer

Postby Løyning on Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:24 pm

Having discussed your application, we've decided to offer you a trial. I'll be in touch in-game to sort out the details.
Welcome, and good luck! :)
Recruitment monkey!
Løyning
Officer

Postby Silencer on Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:48 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll see you in game .
Silencer

Return to Joining the Backbone