lvl 90 Warlock Contradanza

Think you've got what it takes to join The Devils Backbone? Post your details in here and we'll get back to you

Moderators: Drexx, Løyning

lvl 90 Warlock Contradanza

Postby Contradanza on Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:47 pm

ABOUT YOU, THE PLAYER BEHIND THE CHARACTER

Your age: 22

Your nationality: Norwegian

Your gender: Male

Can you use Vent and do you have a microphone (you don't need to speak to join but we do need you to listen):
Yes, I can use vent, i`m not much of a talker but i`m a great listener :)

How long have you been playing WOW:

I have been playing wow since vanilla, it has been on and off since burning crusade came out, raided the most content and then taking a break,
but its been steady since mid cataclysm and I would like to continue raiding and doing fun stuff with guild m8`s so I dont see myself quiting anytime soon.

Will you be able to attend the raids (answer yes, no or maybe):
Monday 20.15-23.00: Yes
Tuesday 20.15-23.00: Yes
Thursday 20.15-23.00: Yes

ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER

Character name:
My character name is Contradanza (I name most of character after songs)

Character class:
I play a warlock

Character ilevel:
499 eilvl

How long have you been level 90 (use /played in-game):

32day and 20hour (played priest before i changed to warlock)

Character spec (please explain why you chose this spec):
So i play affliction, just because it kicks ass :P No but I like the challenge affliction gives me, + the damage output is high and you can`t really go wrong with more dots.
I have demon as off spec, with tank glyph so I can solo elites and tank dungeons if the tank decides to takes a break after each pack of mobs :)

Which glyphs are you using, and why:

Major glyph: Glyph of siphon life, if I can help out by keeping myself up as much I can i will so i like that glyph
Major glyph: Glyph of soul swap, another decent glyph that i like, if i have to dot up a new target and im out of soul shards that glyph will save me some time, so I don`t have to single apply all my dots
Major Glyph: Glyph of Soulstone gives the person i ress 100% hp, another help the healer glyph I like, gives the person a few seconds to adjust without having to think about the hp
Minor Glyph: Glyph of Soulwell, cool effect and people can see that the soulwell is up.
Minor glyph: glyph of verdent spheres, another cool effect
Minor Glyph: Glyph of Nightmares, lets we run across water with my class mounts.

What do you think is important for your character to focus on:
Numbers.. getting high damage output and dps, i`m always trying to push myself to be number 1 on the dps meter, without putting myself or the raid in danger, by ignoring everything around me.

Do you have an off spec, and do you have gear for it:

Yes I got demon off spec, it got the same stat priority as affliction so I can use the same gear for both spec.

Character tradeskill professions and levels: I have Blacksmith and inscirption (for extra gem sloth and better enchants) both are 600

Make sure to give us an armory link using the armory button above inserting your character name between the tags (please log off in your PvE gear):

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... nza/simple

What sets you aside from other applicants: It must be my desire to be as good as I can. I have my pre raid ritual with reading up and prepping pots and flasks.
Also my hunger for higher dps I don't slack around.

Previous guild(s): I was in Transcendent.

Reason(s) why you left previous guild(s):

the raiding has slowed down and as a very small guild we often lacked people for raid.

Reasons why you would like to join:

Your an old guild with deep roots and your making good progress. I need to expand myself as a raider, experience a more competitive environment.
I have also heard a lot good things about this guild so it would be an honor to be part that.

Were all of the above characters levelled by you from the start?:

Yes of course, i`m very strict about my account security.

Any alts you would like to join with:

i got most classes lvl 85 but it would be nice to have my warrior and paladin in as they are lvl 90 and when i`m not playing on my warlock I play on them.

Are there any people in the guild that you know: I know Løyning irl, so it would be fun playing with him.

Mvh.
Contradanza
Contradanza

Re: lvl 90 Warlock Contradanza

Postby Løyning on Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:00 am

Thanks for the application and the chat we had earlier bro, we'll be in touch soon! :)
Recruitment monkey!
Løyning
Officer

Postby Allu on Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:42 am

More of Løynings minions it seems:Ø

Numbers.. getting high damage output and dps, i`m always trying to push myself to be number 1 on the dps meter, without putting myself or the raid in danger, by ignoring everything around me.

dis tru? :ugeek:
H.O.M.E.W.O.R.K. = Half Of My Energy Wasted On Random Knowledge
Allu

Postby Dev on Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:42 am

Hi there Contradanza,
Nice app! :)
the only thing i can add to it is if you can work on getting hitcapped (15%)
for the rest it looks great and you have my vote ;)
Dev
Officer

Postby Contradanza on Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:37 pm

Hey Dev.

My priority has been on getting the amount of mastery and haste that is needed to be able to pull off the dps I want and is required for progression. Getting hit capped is not a priority for affliction warlocks, onces my dots are on they wont miss. I`ve been talking to a lot of awesome warlocks and they all agree with me. But seeing as I got 88%mastery buffed in raid, i can start getting the cap, but its not an priority for me :) If you guys think i should focus a bit more on that I will of course look at it

-Contradanza
Contradanza

Postby Dev on Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:19 pm

Hi Contradanza,

I guess the hitcap is a bit of a opinion matter since i heard from serveral other locks that if haunt misses your dps gets a dent.
Either way its good to hear you did some research and if you do some awesome dmg without the cap i wont complain ofc! :D
see you ingame

/Dev
Dev
Officer

Postby iggy on Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:57 pm

I play an Assasination Rogue and, as it seems with 'locks, there are two sides; one which puts mastery before 7.5% cap and the other which prefers the hit cap.

Not sure how you guys roll, but our primary damage is from poison and you do more damage with higher mastery. In addition to that, even if you miss your attack you still get the poison to tick as well as the 15% higher chance of applying it (finisher called envenom) and since our white/yellow damage isn't that important, according to those who put mastery over hit cap, they believe it's justified to have as much mastery as possible (even if you don't meet the hit cap).
However, for many people missing their evenom deconcentrates them. they start making smaller mistakes in their rotation and consequently start lowering their total DPS.
Not to mention that in a perfect world you would always be behind the boss stabbing him like a maniac and during real raids you gonna compenstate sometimes and stab him in the face.

So yes, if you put it in any sim program, you will probably get a potentially higher DPS output (but I bet the difference is marginal, I know it's 1-2% for rogues and the difference is even less as your gear improves) if you go all into mastery, but if you're not really used to playing like that chances are your practical DPS won't backup that theory.

QED Prolly both of you are right to play your 'locks the way you play them. ^^

P.S. I wasn't critizing anyone, no hard feelings; just a rant. <3
iggy

Return to Joining the Backbone