Resmo - Combat Rogue

Think you've got what it takes to join The Devils Backbone? Post your details in here and we'll get back to you

Moderators: Drexx, Løyning

Resmo - Combat Rogue

Postby Mo. on Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:20 am

Application Template
ABOUT YOU, THE PLAYER BEHIND THE CHARACTER

Your age: 31

Your nationality: Belgian

Your gender: Male

Can you use Vent and do you have a microphone (you don't need to speak to join but we do need you to listen): yep. All prepared :) I even speak Indonesian sounding English

How long have you been playing WOW: 4 years give or take. Wait... 3 years. Took a break :)

Will you be able to attend the raids (answer yes, no or maybe):
Monday 20.15-23.00: yes
Tuesday 20.15-23.00: yes
Thursday 20.15-23.00: yes

ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER
Character name: Resmo

Character class: Rogue

Character ilevel: 460 ish

How long have you been level 85 (use /played in-game): I've been level 90 since the week after realease :p Need to check on my drood and paladin

Character spec (please explain why you chose this spec):
Combat. To be honest it was a random choice. I hava a couple of rogue mates that advised me to pick combat as it is the best spec to get to know a rogue.

Which glyphs are you using, and why: Let's see: http://www.wowhead.com/item=42972/glyph ... aline-rush This is the only Glyph that provides a damage increase. Other then this one I guess it's just a matter of taste. The ones I have are a couple that were interesting while leveling (like glyph of sprint)

What do you think is important for your character to focus on: As a combat Rogue haste is really important. After getting hit and expertise capped (for special attacks that is and both are 7.5%) haste is the first secondary stat to pay attention to. Haste provides a higher energy regen, which makes abilities' availability higher.
That's stats. The combat rogues rotation isn't really a hard one. Keep Slice and Dice and Revealing strike up. Build combo points with sinister strike. Finish with Eviscerate. Or in rare cases recuperate to regain health. As for other things that's pretty much the same for every class/spec. Reforge bad stats, use the right gems and enchants.

Do you have an offspec, and do you have gear for it:
No.

Character tradeskill professions and levels: At the moment i just started leveling leatherworking and skinning

Make sure to give us an armory link using the armory button above inserting your character name between the tags (please log off in your PvE gear):

Resmo

What sets you aside from other applicants:

Loy adores me. No wait, that was private.
Dedication I guess. I will always try to be the best rogue I can be. I'll learn and know everything there is to know about my class. I read tactics, write them, read class guides, write them, I used to make raid videos. I'm always on time, participate in guildactivities be it dungeons, raids, retro-runs or skinny dipping in the lake in Moonglade.
I used to lead raids in Wotlk and beginning of Cataclysm. I have no intention of doing that again any time soon, but that experience made sure I knew how hard it is to get everything ready on time, pick a team, decide which tactics to use and make sure everyone's got the right information etc.

Previous guild(s):
Reason(s) why you left previous guild(s): I've been in Memento Vivere for a couple of years. The reason I left is a long story. I discovered World of Warcraft in December 2008. I started raiding shortly after hitting 80 and loved every bit of it. In ToTC our raidleader decided to quit and despite of the big lack of experience I decided to give it a go. We got a pretty steady team (10 man) and pushed through. We raided two nights a week and once 25 man. We finished Ulduar heroic and went to ICC. Had lots of fun, made a couple of videos and got to Sindragosa and we killed her as the 7th team on the server. That was pretty cool :) Then it all went downhill, people stopped playing or got bored. Couple of months later we finally finished ICC. When Cata was released I resumed my role as raidleader and went straight back to BWD. But a couple of months later everyting turned sour again. People got bored again and instead of quitting everyone started blaming each other which resulted in the raidteam disbanding, people quitting and others including me leaving the guild.
I haven't played for 1.5 years after that. After trying out Guild Wars 2 and being really dissapointed in the end game content i thought about coming back to Wow. I received a scroll of resurrection, decided to boost a rogue to level 80 and prepare for MoP. I must admit, I didn't think i'd have so much fun.

Reasons why you would like to join: I've heard a lot of good things about the guild from my brother. It is well organised, people know what to expect. The raid philosophy and rules are things i've been preaching for years. Was really cool to see it on the forums.

Were all of the above characters levelled by you from the start?: Yes. Maybe i should start with listing my characters:

Resmo: lvl 90 combat rogue. This was a boost-a-character one. So i've been playing this one for a little over a month. Getting the hang of it :)
Raissmo: lvl 85 balance druid. This was and actually is my main. My first World of Warcraft character. I've played this character throughout Wrath of the Lich King. Did my first raids with him and a couple of days ago i played him again, last time was almost 2 years ago. Still felt familiar, still loved it.
Mesmo: lvl 85 protection Paladin. I leveled her during the end of Wotlk and this was my main for the couple of months I played in Cataclysm. Loved tanking, still do. And she was a fine tank :)

I also have a lvl 80 Death Knight, a lvl 48 hunter and some lower levels.

Any alts you would like to join with: Raissmo is already in the guild. I would like to bring all the others ;)

Are there any people in the guild that you know: Yeah, my brother Psychopathz. Or Psyc. Or whatever, he changes names as often as Ronaldo changes hairdos.

That's it really :)
Mo.

Re: Resmo - Combat Rogue

Postby Dris on Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:25 pm

nice app, res. or mo. i like mo. mo it is.

anyhoo, we'll consider it, and you, and be in touch!

d
Dris
The Big Boner

Re: Resmo - Combat Rogue

Postby Mo. on Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:42 pm

Bet you regret inviting me now don't you, mwuahahahahaahah.

;)) How's the considering going :p
Mo.

Return to Joining the Backbone