Joining The Backbone - Cogglesworth

Think you've got what it takes to join The Devils Backbone? Post your details in here and we'll get back to you

Moderators: Drexx, Løyning

Joining The Backbone - Cogglesworth

Postby Coggelsworth on Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:32 pm

Hello all of you friendly people. I would like to formaly introduce myself as well as apply for a position in your fine guild. I am aware that warriors are not currently being recruted and that I have relatively little experience as a player but I asure you that I will make a fine addition to your ranks, and will endevour to make the guild proud as best I can.
I am currently serving Enigmos as an assistant to his... Activities, and I have learned much under his tuitalage.

Your age: 22

Your nationality: British

Your gender: Male

Can you use Vent and do you have a microphone (you don't need to speak to join but we do need you to listen): Yes & yes.

How long have you been playing WOW: Technically, two years. Realisticly four months.

Will you be able to attend the raids (answer yes, no or maybe):
Monday 20.15-23.00: yes
Tuesday 20.15-23.00: yes
Thursday 20.15-23.00: yes

Character name: Coggelsworth

Character class: Warrior

Character level: 85

How long have you been level 85: Around a month

Character spec: Fury. Because Fury. I like the play style more than arms and if I go protection I'm only going to get someone killed. A lot. Also only having one oversized weapon makes the character model look unbalanced which annoys me greatly.

Which glyphs are you using, and why: Prime: Bloodthirst, Raging blow, Slam (more damage is good). Major: Deathwish (Making a 20% damage buff have no downside makes sence to me), cleave (3 is more than 2), Colossus smash (The less armour, the more damage). Minor: Berzerker rage (more rage more attacks), Bloody healing (for less strain on the healers), Battle (free strengh for everyone!).

What do you think is important for your character to focus on: Debating/mocking (in game) philosophy, history and politics with Enigmos untill our heads are so full of fluff we overheat. General DPSing which I take to include: add hunting (if thats even a thing...), crowd control (if it's dead, it controlled), and killing it until it's dead (and some more if necessary) as the tactics dictate.

Do you have an offspec, and do you have gear for it: I have arms as an off spec but I don't have gear for it at this time.

Character tradeskill professions and levels: Blacksmithing 525, Mining 525

Make sure to give us an armory link using the armory button above inserting your character name between the tags (please log off in your PvE gear): http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/turalyon/Coggelsworth/simple

What sets you aside from other applicants: I'm passively creepy in a way that just can't be reproduced.

Previous guild(s): None.

Reason(s) why you left previous guild(s): I was exiled for crimes against Humanity.

Reasons why you would like to join: To prevent a rift in causality, to have fun, learn more about the lore and be better as a player. As well as to better serve Enigmos as his assistant.

Were all of the above characters levelled by you from the start?: yes.

Any alts you would like to join with: Maurice (Human Mage)

Are there any people in the guild that you know: Enigmos.
Coggelsworth

Re: Joining The Backbone - Cogglesworth

Postby Løyning on Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:17 pm

Thanks for the humorous application Cogglesworth, we'll have a chat amongst ourselves and be in touch once we've reached a conclusion. :)
Recruitment monkey!
Løyning
Officer

Postby Vyps on Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:55 pm

+1

ps. How are your tanking skills? <3
Vyps

Postby Coggelsworth on Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:08 am

Vyps wrote:How are your tanking skills? <3

Almost non-existent. Which is also the status of all the tanking gear I have. Though if it were an imposed condition of joining I could always start working towards that end.
Coggelsworth

Postby Løyning on Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:39 am

We've decided to offer you a trial spot. However as I said to Thudsie, we won't be raiding until MOP has launched, and we'll have to wait and see who's about for raiding once we hit level 90. Personally I can't see any issues with squeezing you in, as we don't seem to have many DPS'ing warriors standing by, now that one of them is swapping mains.

Welcome and good luck! :)
Recruitment monkey!
Løyning
Officer

Postby Coggelsworth on Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:41 pm

Awesome!
Coggelsworth

Return to Joining the Backbone