Thudsie - Shadow Priest

Think you've got what it takes to join The Devils Backbone? Post your details in here and we'll get back to you

Moderators: Drexx, Løyning

Thudsie - Shadow Priest

Postby Thudsie on Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:24 pm

ABOUT YOU, THE PLAYER BEHIND THE CHARACTER

Your age: 27
Your nationality: English
Your gender: Male
Can you use Vent and do you have a microphone (you don't need to speak to join but we do need you to listen): Yes & yes.

How long have you been playing WOW: Possibly around six years. A little under six years.

Will you be able to attend the raids (answer yes, no or maybe): (Is this a trick question and if I don't answer "yes, no or maybe" will I be marked down?)
Monday 20.15-23.00: Yes
Tuesday 20.15-23.00: Yes
Thursday 20.15-23.00: Yes* [three weeks out of four]

ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER

Character name: Thudsie
Character class: Priest
Character ilevel: 382 [379 shadow / 377 holy]

How long have you been level 85 (use /played in-game): 2 days, 23 hours, 20 minutes, 19 seconds. The last number will have increased a fraction since this snapshot was taken.

Character spec (please explain why you chose this spec): Shadow - it does the killing.
Which glyphs are you using, and why:
Optimus Prime: Shadow Word: Pain (causes more pain), Mind Flay (causes more flay), Shadow Word: Death (causes more death).
Major: Spirit Tap (I like to have more than 0 mana), Inner Fire (less squishy), Scourge Imprisonment (there are about 5-6 undead mobs in total in Cata, so as I'm always facing them I want to make sure I can shackle them double-quick for useful, always valued CC)
Minor: Fortitude (saves mana), Levitate (I can fly!) and Shackle Undead (see above for the non-stop functionality this offers).

What do you think is important for your character to focus on: Mocking Thuds. When it comes to actual fights, staying alive longer than Mak. Then staying alive for the other 90% of the fight. Then tactics and damage.
Do you have an offspec, and do you have gear for it: Holy. Gear is at a decent level.

Character tradeskill professions and levels: Tailoring (525) and Enchanting (525)

Make sure to give us an armory link using the armory button above inserting your character name between the tags (please log off in your PvE gear): Thudsie
What sets you aside from other applicants: My name is ripe for mocking a certain Dinnerdin ... this character was created with that as the primary end, so this is a key step.

Previous guild(s): Dysfunctional (Turalyon) [Technically I am still a member, although this is only because the small boosts are handy for now - otherwise I'd have actually left properly]
Reason(s) why you left previous guild(s): Not enough Thuds to mock in previous guild. Guild seems to mass recruit everybody, no atmosphere or sense of shared guild identity, nothing to recommend it - also seems fairly juvenile, I would like something a little more mature.

Reasons why you would like to join: To mock Thuds. This is important. (I have also tagged along to a couple of alt raids on another character back in WotLK and enjoyed the company, but that's not as important. Also, see above with regards to the distinction between my previous guild - large, mass recruiting, no sense of guild identity and fairly juvenile - which is all a nice contrast to what I have seen of and experienced with TDB before)
Were all of the above characters levelled by you from the start?: Yes.
Any alts you would like to join with: No.

Are there any people in the guild that you know: Thuds. Do I lose marks if I say Mak? I'll say Mak anyway. No, I won't say Mak. Just Thuds.

Also useful information: I can add my own questions to forms. It's a handy skill.
Last edited by Thudsie on Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thudsie

Re: Thudsie - Shadow Priest (primarily social app)

Postby Thouds on Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:28 pm

Hahaha! :D
Thouds

Postby Vyps on Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:40 pm

+1
Vyps

Vacationdin!

Postby Thudsie on Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:31 am

On the off chance people are desperate to respond to this - I will be on holiday for the next couple of weeks and so not really online.
Thudsie

Postby Dris on Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:10 pm

*scribbles in notebook*:

'not a good start, takes a holiday during application process...'

;)

d
Dris
The Big Boner

Postby Thouds on Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:25 pm

Is that the only negative thing you're going to write down? He's MOCKING me! :(
Thouds

Postby Psychopathz on Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:31 pm

hahaha! Somehow i think he's not going to heal Thuds in raids :P

Really nice app, GL mate!
Psychopathz

Postby Thudsie on Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:11 am

I am now returned from my holiday (booo!) so I am online again once more.

(As an aside to the initial post; ilevel updated to 372 now. Putting some effort in surprisingly reaps dividends.)
Thudsie

Postby MakMak on Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:27 am

Jesus christ.

Whatever you do don't join his alliance and then befriend him because he'll make a drama and leave in a huff without recognising you in his massive farewell speech, you'll somehow become leader of the alliance but then randomly at the start of the next round when your two sub alliances merge into one the rest of the group DECIDE TO MAKE SOME FRENCH STONER LEADER INSTEAD.
MakMak

Postby Thudsie on Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:19 pm

Pfft, you're just jealous because I didn't name the character Maksie or something else equally silly.

Also, everyone else gets a reply and this gets nothing? I feel sad. :cry:

I've edited the initial post to update my statistics - I've spent so long online just waiting for a never-to-come missive from a TDB recruiting officer that while killing time I've managed to accumulate a set of holy gear and increase my ilvl by 30 points. I've also aged a year, although that's less to do with the time online.
Thudsie

Re: Thudsie - Shadow Priest

Postby Løyning on Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:20 pm

Sorry things have been kind of slow Thudsie, we've been slacking is all! As a friend of the original Thuds™ you are of course welcome to a social spot in our guild. I'll try to get on some time tomorrow and toss you an invite. Failing that, just poke around for an officer and if there is one online, you'll be hooked up. :)
As far as raiding goes, we've only done some very casual DS stuff these past three weeks, and are now back on break for the MOP launch. If you're interested in raiding once we've hit level 90, we'll have to see what's in the cards when we get to that point.

Welcome!
Recruitment monkey!
Løyning
Officer

Postby Thudsie on Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:00 am

I feel loved again :P
Thudsie

Postby Thouds on Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:01 pm

I ahte you!
Thouds