Bandages - Resto Shammy

Think you've got what it takes to join The Devils Backbone? Post your details in here and we'll get back to you

Moderators: Drexx, Løyning

Bandages - Resto Shammy

Postby bandages on Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:58 pm

]Your age: 28

Your nationality: English

Your gender:Male

Can you use Vent and do you have a microphone (you don't need to speak to join but we do need you to listen): Yup, No mic though

How long have you been playing WOW: About 4-5 years

Will you be able to attend the raids (answer yes, no or maybe):
Monday 20.15-23.00: yes
Tuesday 20.15-23.00: yes
Thursday 20.15-23.00: yes

ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER

Character name: Bandages

Character class: Shaman MS: Resto, OS: Enh (but this can be changed if needed)

Character ilevel: 395

How long have you been level 85 (use /played in-game): 103 days total, 44 at this level

Character spec (please explain why you chose this spec):
2/7/32 - Pretty much bog standard resto build, cept i have swapped TC for swiftness and popped a extra point in cleansing waters over the 1% crit

Which glyphs are you using, and why: WS,ES,RT - As prime, pretty much the norm.

What do you think is important for your character to focus on:
The versatility is my favourite part of being a resto shammy. In 25 man I can concentrate on raid healing, CH and topping everyone off, and in 10 man GHW is great for tank healing if your stacked with mastery. RT on CD.

Do you have an offspec, and do you have gear for it: Enh, mainly 378 bits and a few 384-97 but not much tbh, only really use it for dailies etc.

Character tradeskill professions and levels: 525 mining and JC with loads of the epic recipes. Fishing, cooking and bandages all 525 as well

Make sure to give us an armory link using the armory button above inserting your character name between the tags (please log off in your PvE gear):
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/turalyon/Bandages/simple

What sets you aside from other applicants:
I'd like to think I commit to raiding in a positive way; always turn up on time, allow notice if this is not possible, always geared, gemmed, enchanted, have usually read up on recommended builds, glyphs etc for my class, Bring flasks/Food, always watch the vids, read up on tatcs etc. Most importantly i think i listen and learn quickly.
Guildwise, i like to be an active member, help out with mats, Recipes and crafted items when i can.
I avoid drama where possible, and generally get on with most people.
My other Alts are all healers as well, i feel i know that side of the game reasonable well from different angles/perspectives.

Previous guild(s): The watchers in the dark, i was an officer.

Reason(s) why you left previous guild(s): Slowly people left the game, didn't like expansions, RL issues, etc and we slowly whittled down in numbers, still good friends with a hardcore of 4-5 there

Reasons why you would like to join:
You seem to be a large social guild with a strong streak for raiding as well, which is exactly what i'm looking for, and hopefully my mentality is similar to yours in terms of playing the game. I understand currently that you do not have spots for resto spec but i'd like to join as social to start and then if a spot opens up, or you need a 'sub' i could fill in where needed?

Were all of the above characters levelled by you from the start?:yup

Any alts you would like to join with:
I have 4 other 85's pally, Druid, priest, all of the main specs are healing ones. And a DK. Who heals when he can :) But i would probably keep them in my original guild if that's ok, so as to pop-in every once in a while.

Are there any people in the guild that you know: [color=#000000]Not off the top of my head, but i might hve pugged with one or two over the last few years.
bandages

Re: Bandages - Resto Shammy

Postby Løyning on Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:19 pm

Thanks for the well written app Bandages, we'll have a chat amongst ourselves and be in touch either here or in-game ASAP. :)
Recruitment monkey!
Løyning
Officer

Re: Bandages - Resto Shammy

Postby Løyning on Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:15 pm

Hey again Bandages. Having reviewed your application we've decided that we'd like to offer you a trial. There are however a few things we'd want to inform you of up front, and I'll try to find you online soon to do just that. :)

Cheers, and good luck! :)
Recruitment monkey!
Løyning
Officer

Return to Joining the Backbone