Shadow Priest application

Think you've got what it takes to join The Devils Backbone? Post your details in here and we'll get back to you

Moderators: Drexx, Løyning

Shadow Priest application

Postby Ariyanna on Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:42 pm

ABOUT YOU, THE PLAYER BEHIND THE CHARACTER

Your age: 28

Your nationality: Dutch

Your gender: Male

Can you use Vent and do you have a microphone (you don't need to speak to join but we do need you to listen):

I don't have a microphone but im able to listen.

How long have you been playing WOW: 7 years.

Will you be able to attend the raids (answer yes, no or maybe):
Monday 20.15-23.00: Yes
Tuesday 20.15-23.00: Yes
Thursday 20.15-23.00: Yes

ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER

Character name: Ariyanna

Character class: Priest

Character ilevel: 384

How long have you been level 85 (use /played in-game): 58 days, 9 hours

Character spec (please explain why you chose this spec): I chose shadow as mainspec because i picked up the rotation fast, do good DPS with it and like playing as shadow priest.

Which glyphs are you using, and why: I use Glyph of Shadow Word: Death, Glyph of Mindflay and Glyph of Shadow Word: Pain as prime glyphs because they increase my DPS. As major glyphs i use Glyph of Innerfire for a bit more armor, Glyph of Fade to reduce threat and Glyph of Spirit Tap for mana restore as there is not really a good third major glyph.

What do you think is important for your character to focus on: Intellect > 17% spell hit cap > Haste > Mastery.
Intellect because it increases all sources of damage. 17% spell hit cap so i never miss a spell and lose damage. Haste because it increases DoT ticking speed and decreases casttime. Mastery because it increases my damage done by shadow orbs.

Do you have an offspec, and do you have gear for it: Offspec is Discipline and i have gear for it

Character tradeskill professions and levels: Tailoring and Inscription, both 525

Make sure to give us an armory link using the armory button above inserting your character name between the tags (please log off in your PvE gear):

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... nna/simple

What sets you aside from other applicants: Im playing my shadowpriest for a long time now and know it very well. I was a hardcore raider back in WotLK and im always looking for improvements on my priest. I stay calm during raids and i don't mind if we wipe a whole evening on just 1 boss. No progression without wiping.

Previous guild(s): Gnomercy

Reason(s) why you left previous guild(s): Im gonna leave Gnomercy because it is a social guild that doesn't raid at all, and i was a social player because due to worktimes i was not able to raid at all.

Reasons why you would like to join: Since im able to raid again im looking for a nice and social raiding guild.

Were all of the above characters levelled by you from the start?: Yes, i lvled all my chars myself

Any alts you would like to join with: No, not at this time

Are there any people in the guild that you know: I don't know anyone in The Devil's Backbone
Ariyanna

Re: Shadow Priest application

Postby Dris on Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:18 am

thanks for the app, we'll take a look and be in touch soon, either here or in-game 8)

d
Dris
The Big Boner

Return to Joining the Backbone