Mage Application

Think you've got what it takes to join The Devils Backbone? Post your details in here and we'll get back to you

Moderators: Drexx, Løyning

Mage Application

Postby Më! on Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:25 pm

ABOUT YOU, THE PLAYER BEHIND THE CHARACTER

Your age: 23

Your nationality: British technically. Though I live in Belfast Northern Ireland so sometimes it's just easier to tell people I'm Irish :lol:

Your gender: Male

Can you use Vent and do you have a microphone (you don't need to speak to join but we do need you to listen):
Of course.

How long have you been playing WOW:
Almost 5 years.

Will you be able to attend the raids (answer yes, no or maybe):
Monday 20.15-23.00:-Yes
Tuesday 20.15-23.00:-Yes
Thursday 20.15-23.00:-Yes

ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER

Character name: Më

Character class: Mage

Character ilevel: 379

How long have you been level 85 (use /played in-game): 1 day 10 hours

Character spec (please explain why you chose this spec): Fire :D Simply put I really didn't wanna sit there and mash arcane blast until my eyes melted. Who doesn't love instant pyroblasts!? And I've found that fire does more dps than arcane.

Which glyphs are you using, and why:
Prime: Fireball-5% crit on my main spell, no brainer.
Molten Armor-2% more crit, why thank you kind sir!
Pyroblast-Yeap more crit, love it!
Major: Evocation-Bit of health back with my mana can't be grumbled at.
Polymorph-removes dots from the soon to be sheep to stop it breaking.
Dragons Breath-Was pretty much the last useful glyph for fire.

What do you think is important for your character to focus on: Not sure I understand the question, is that statwise or actually in combat? Well statwise from what I've been reading It's haste until 15%/25% for the extra dots (Though I could probably sit at 20% as in a 25 man enviroment I'd almost definately have the 5% spell haste from the SP's or lazer chicken), and then just stack up the crit in order for my fireballs to get the ignite dot and then offcourse proc my hotsreak (instant pyro). And I guess in combat the main thing I'd focus on would be obliterating the enemies as quickly as possible with little or no remorse. Anyhu that's probably not at all what the question meant :(

Do you have an offspec, and do you have gear for it: Yeap and no:( Got frost as my OS but not really done much pvp on this character...yet!

Character tradeskill professions and levels: Herbing+Alchemy both 525.

Make sure to give us an armory link using the armory button above inserting your character name between the tags (please log off in your PvE gear): http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... %AB/simple

What sets you aside from other applicants: Other than my glorious good looks? :D Well as I've been playing for nearly 5 years I have quite alot of experience with pretty much everyclass in game(with the exception of shamans, bores me to tears). I know how to play my class well and I appreciate being told if I'm doing something wrong as it will help me improve. I love raiding, even if I spend an entire night wiping I dont mind as long as I've had some fun and we've given it a damm good go. I'm not one too huff or cry if things dont go my way, and I'm a very sociable player, usually sat in TS/vent nattering away to anybody who logs on:) With regards to performance give me the same gear as the player is in and I am confident I will at least match if not beat their dps.

Previous guild(s): Wise Guys (Horde side) Obviously not on the mage as he was only recently created but I healed on my pally Moomadin:)

Reason(s) why you left previous guild(s): Pretty much it was a small casual 10 man guild that sometimes didn't get enough people logged on to raid and I guess the GM got tired of not raiding and took his raiding toon (resto droo) to join a "hardcore" raiding guild Zeldzam or summit IDK it's a dutch guild. So yeah that pretty much was it for me, figured if the GM didn't want to stay in the guild and sort out the raiding roster why was I there just not raiding? Also ally population seems to be much larger than horde so I deceided to reroll.

Reasons why you would like to join: As I said in the previous question my old guild stopped raiding and I need my fix!! Also I've not been in a 25 man raid guild since the start of wrath and I miss the organised chaos that brought:)

Were all of the above characters levelled by you from the start?: Of course, best way to learn about a class is to play it and 85 levels is alot of playing:)

Any alts you would like to join with: I have no Alliance alts, I may faction change some of my other toons at a later stage but not just now.

Well that's my application and regardless of the outcome I would just like to say thanks for taking some time out to read it:)

Are there any people in the guild that you know:
Më!

Re: Mage Application

Postby Toad on Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:20 am

Hi, Im a mage. Cheers for the app, our mage officer (Mayen/seraia) our officers will review it and be in touch soon :)
Toäd
Toad

Postby Dris on Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:59 am

Toad wrote:Hi, Im a mage. Cheers for the app, our mage officer (Mayen/seraia) our officers will review it and be in touch soon :)

who let ^^ in here?

idd, thanks for the app mate, we'll be in touch!

d
Dris
The Big Boner

Postby Løyning on Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:50 pm

Hey again Më! Having discussed your application, we've decided that we'd like to offer you a trial spot. Myself or someone else will be in touch in-game asap. :)

Best of luck!
Recruitment monkey!
Løyning
Officer

Return to Joining the Backbone