Devlin - Fury Warrior

Think you've got what it takes to join The Devils Backbone? Post your details in here and we'll get back to you

Moderators: Drexx, Løyning

Devlin - Fury Warrior

Postby Dev on Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:34 am

ABOUT YOU, THE PLAYER BEHIND THE CHARACTER

Your age: 25

Your nationality: Dutch

Your gender: Male

Can you use Vent and do you have a microphone (you don't need to speak to join but we do need you to listen):
I have Vent and a Headset (but prefer listening)

How long have you been playing WOW:
I'v been playing WoW for about 4½ years now.

Will you be able to attend the raids (answer yes, no or maybe):
Monday 20.15-23.00: Yes.
Tuesday 20.15-23.00: Yes.
Thursday 20.15-23.00: Yes.

ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER

Character name: Devlin

Character class: Warrior

Character ilevel: 386

How long have you been level 85 (use /played in-game):
23 days, 11 hours, 56 minutes and 34 no 35 no 36! seconds. (lvl 85)

Character spec (please explain why you chose this spec):
Fury since this spec gives a better control over my aggro or aoe attacks and it brings a nice crit buff to the raid Rampage .

Which glyphs are you using, and why:

Prime:
[Glyph of Bloodthirst], [Glyph of Raging Blow] , [Glyph of Slam]
Those glyphs are the only prime glyphs worth taking as a Fury warrior as it increases dps significantly.

Major:
[Glyph of Cleaving],[Glyph of Colossus Smash],[Glyph of Death Wish] are my Main glyphs for the moment. If there is a warrior tank present in the raid or when there is more use of a stun on adds for example the Sons of Flame on ragnaros i will replace [Glyph of Colossus Smash] with [Glyph of Intercept].

Minor:
[Glyph of Berserker Rage], [Glyph of Bloody Healing] for the last minor glyph i switch between [Glyph of Battle] and [Glyph of Command] . This depends on the situation.

What do you think is important for your character to focus on:
For stats: Strength is and always will be the main stat for a warrior dps either in fury or arms, secondary stats hitting the soft cap of 8% and expertise cap of 26. After that i'm focusing on getting more to make way for the hard cap which is 27% (yes this might take a whyle), and also focus on getting more Crit. since Crit is a strong damage throughput stat which also has impacting rage generation through added Flurry uptime.
For rotation: The timing of Cd's and rotation are very important for dps output next to stats it can make a world of difference.

Do you have an offspec, and do you have gear for it:
My offspec is Prot and i am currently working on getting gear for this spec.

Character tradeskill professions and levels:
525 mining and 525 engineering ( engineering is usefull for Synapse Springs
which gives 480 strength for 10 sec. , Nitroboost to get the hell away from fire (even though it sometimes gives an achievement ) and parachute on cloak (handy when i am blast away from a mountain, yes i look at you elemental shamans and boomkins that bumped me loads of times of the mountain in Arathi Basin watermill.

Make sure to give us an armory link using the armory button above inserting your character name between the tags (please log off in your PvE gear):
Devlin

What sets you aside from other applicants:
I have allot of previous raiding experience through the years on different classes and specs this way i can place myself in the roles build in the raid and know when to use certain cd's, with this i mean Defensive cooldowns on a healing heavy moment and hold back for aggro or go full out on heavy dps fights. Also i am a loyal and patient player that listens to orders or feedback.
I even appreciate getting feedback on situations where i can improve myself.

Previous guild(s):
- Vånity - Stormscale (PvP)
- Geriatric youth - Turalyon

Reason(s) why you left previous guild(s):
Vånity - Stormscale (PvP).
This was a guild i was in it with irl friends, we did raids and tried to do many achievements along the way to keep it fun and a challenge. The guild disbanded because of some Drama in between officers and the GM leaving.
-
Geriatric youth - Turalyon.
Since i joined this server i was looking for a social/casual guild and joined Geriatric youth on my Druid. We cleared firelands and where working on DS but the progress is very slow and i really miss the passion in the players from this guild to work on progress/teamwork or have fun beside this in either arena or old content.

Reasons why you would like to join:
I am looking for a mature/solid raiding guild that are eager to have progress and have fun to work with eachother in raids and beside it. And i hope to be an addition to the Guild.

Were all of the above characters levelled by you from the start?:
Yes.

Any alts you would like to join with:
I have a few alts that are 85 and have decent gear but i mainly use them to get Valor points to buy Boe's or for their proffesions.
My Druid
My DK
My warlock

Are there any people in the guild that you know:
No, but i would like to work on it :)
Dev
Officer

Re: Devlin - Fury Warrior

Postby Dris on Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:54 pm

thanks for the app dev, nicely written! we'll review and be in touch either here or in-game soon!

d
Dris
The Big Boner

Re: Devlin - Fury Warrior

Postby Løyning on Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:34 pm

Grabbed for trial, best of luck! :)
Recruitment monkey!
Løyning
Officer

Return to Joining the Backbone