Noiryx - Shadow Priest

Think you've got what it takes to join The Devils Backbone? Post your details in here and we'll get back to you

Moderators: Drexx, Løyning

Noiryx - Shadow Priest

Postby Noiryx on Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:35 am

ABOUT YOU, THE PLAYER BEHIND THE CHARACTER

Your age:

Your nationality:
Belgian

Your gender:
Male

Can you use Vent and do you have a microphone (you don't need to speak to join but we do need you to listen):
I can both speak and listen, have vent installed and ready for use.

How long have you been playing WOW:
I played WoW on and off in vanilla, but I was so young I didn't really do anything productive. In WOTLK I started going "all-serious", though.

Will you be able to attend the raids (answer yes, no or maybe):
Monday 20.15-23.00: Yes.
Tuesday 20.15-23.00: Yes.
Thursday 20.15-23.00: Yes.

ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER

Character name:
Noiryx (click me for armory link)

Character class:
Priest

Character ilevel:

How long have you been level 85 (use /played in-game):
153 days total played
73 days played this level

Character spec (please explain why you chose this spec):
Shadow
I took this spec because I used to play a warlock for a long time, at the very start of WOTLK, and I really liked the way DoTting worked. But after levelling a priest together with my friend I realised being a shadowpriest is a hell lot of fun, and I wasn't too bad at it either. So I decided I'd train up, sharpen my skills and get to this level I am right now.

Which glyphs are you using, and why:
The glyph choice is very "cookie-cutter", but I'll put some time in explaining them one by one.
Prime Glyphs:
Glyph of Mind Flay. I've picked this one up because of Mind Flay being one of a Shadowpriest's main single-target DPS abilities. The 10% damage upgrade has proven to be quite useful.
Glyph of Shadow Word: Pain. Shadow Word: Pain can't be clipped anymore. Meaning that if it gets re-casted by Mind Flay, the damage continues. This means that this glyph increases the damage by 10%, regardless of Mind Flay being casted or not. Therefore this glyph is a straight 10% damage upgrade of Shadow Word: Pain.
Glyph of Shadow Word: Death. I've picked up this glyph because at the last 25% of a boss, you'll need that extra bit of damage you get from a double Shadow Word: Death. This is sometimes a bit of a bother for healers, this is a great Boss Finisher. Especially when you're on the edge of wiping, but manage to get the boss down thanks to that little bit of extra damage.
Major Glyphs:
Glyph of Spirit Tap. This glyph is, in combination with Glyph of Shadow Word: Death, one of the best glyphs for mana restoration. When there's adds on the edge of death, and they need to be killed anyway, I can use them as a mana source by dealing the final blow.
Glyph of Mass Dispel. This glyph often helps when I'm on group dispelling duty. It takes less time for me to dispel magic effects, meaning I have more time to DPS.
Glyph of Fade. When adds spawn that deal massive damage, this glyph comes into play. I can chain Fade -> Dispersion -> Fade for a maximum amount of survivability, giving the tank twice the amount of time to pick his aggro back up.
Minor Glyphs:
Glyph of Levitate. Because of lack of a better glyph, I've picked this one. It helps in occasions when you become airborne, and need any form of slowfall.
Glyph of Fading. Makes my Fade ability even more useful, since it now costs 30% less mana. Meaning it costs only 1.8k mana, instead of the 2.7k. Meaning that I have that amount of mana more to do more DPS.
Glyph of Fortitude. This enables me to rebuff at the cost of very little mana, also giving the healers a bit of a break, since they have enough work.

What do you think is important for your character to focus on:
I like to tinker on my character to near-perfection, and all that's important to me, really, is that I can look at my character and be proud. Not through gear, achievements, but by knowing that I've made this character entirely from scratch, and shaped him into a razorsharp blade. I can spend an entire day choosing two glyphs or reforging, I like making those choices, they make the game real fun for me.

Do you have an offspec, and do you have gear for it:
I do have a PvP offspec, and it's quite wel decked out, but I'm not sure if this is relevant or not.

Character tradeskill professions and levels:
Tailoring - 525/525
Jewelcrafting - 525/525

Make sure to give us an armory link using the armory button above inserting your character name between the tags (please log off in your PvE gear):
Click me!

What sets you aside from other applicants:
I can provide you of a person that has mastered shadow to a more than decent degree, having raided at a very hardcore level (see: Helios), knowing what it takes and thinking outside of the box watching others. I can shut my mouth and be a serious raider, and at the same time be a talkative sociable person.

Previous guild(s):
I think making up this list would be paining my memory, so I'll be listing the three recent ones that were important (raiding guilds):
Helios (Argent Dawn EU)
The Burning Orb (Argent Dawn EU)
Vision (Turalyon EU)

Reason(s) why you left previous guild(s):
Helios - Guildquitted after realising the main leaders had a clique and the rest was "cannon-fodder" to them.
The Burning Orb - kicked after 2 months of inactivity (PC broke down)
Vision - Left after some inside trouble.

Reasons why you would like to join:
I'm looking for a home where I can raid and have fun at the same time. These guilds at the top really aren't fun. If you hear Paragon have those nerdscreams that might sound alot of fun to you, but the euphoria and nostalgia usually makes you forget all the bad moments. Most top guilds are horrible to be in, really, and I'm looking for a home where I can stay for a long time and raid with a strong band of buddies. Where everyone is friendly to eachother and conflicts are usually laughably banal. This guild seems to have that air I like, getting shit done, too.

Were all of the above characters levelled by you from the start?:
Yup.

Any alts you would like to join with:
Maybe along the way when I level another alt to about 25 to then only delete it - I like focusing on my main, so I don't plan on letting any alt join for now. I play them once a month anyway.

Are there any people in the guild that you know:
Not that I remember, maybe some members that have left, but mmh. Kirrie and I have fun moments every now and then, since we're both self-proclaimed masters of the shadow spec.
Noiryx

Re: Noiryx - Shadow Priest

Postby Dris on Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:02 pm

hi mate, thanks for the app - we'll review it and someone will be in touch either here or in-game soon!

d
Dris
The Big Boner

Postby Løyning on Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:55 pm

Hey again Noiryx. Having discussed your application, we've decided to offer you a trial. See you soon, and good luck! :)
Recruitment monkey!
Løyning
Officer

Postby Noiryx on Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:37 am

Before you all think I passed away (a bad sixpence always turns up (onkruid vergaat niet)), I'm on vacation 'till sundayafternoon somewhere 5 o'clock I'll be at home, which means I won't be missing a raid.

Thanks for the patience ^^
Noiryx

Postby Løyning on Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:50 am

Cheers for letting us know! :)
Recruitment monkey!
Løyning
Officer

Return to Joining the Backbone