Application by Cóól :)

Think you've got what it takes to join The Devils Backbone? Post your details in here and we'll get back to you

Moderators: Drexx, Løyning

Application by Cóól :)

Postby Cóól on Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:34 pm

ABOUT YOU, THE PLAYER BEHIND THE CHARACTER

Your age: 18

Your nationality: British

Your gender: Male

Can you use Vent and do you have a microphone (you don't need to speak to join but we do need you to listen): Yes and Yes

How long have you been playing WOW: About 6 and a half years with a few breaks inbetween

Will you be able to attend the raids (answer yes, no or maybe):
Monday 20.15-23.00: yes
Tuesday 20.15-23.00: yes
Thursday 20.15-23.00: maybe

ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER

Character name: Cóól

Character class: Death Knight

Character ilevel: 378

How long have you been level 85 (use /played in-game): 33 days on this toon

Character spec (please explain why you chose this spec): Blood 32/6/3 The build ive researched into but ive found its the generic tanking spec with end game tanks currently an example of this build is here http://www.wowhead.com/talent#jcGG0sMru ... :so0zkacMm ( in 25 man end game raiding the pressure on tanks for interrupts is not as intense as it would be in a more dependant 10 man raiding team thus not putting points in strangulate talents and focusing more on dps output and survival ) The spec itself i chose as i love tanking, i love the pressure and i love the idea of standing at the foot of a giant and keeping him busy!

Which glyphs are you using, and why:
Glyph of death strike, Glyph of heartstrike and glyph of death and decay ( i chose DnD over Runestrike as my other glyphs were single target orientated and i felt i needed something to back up my AoE department.) These are also the generic blood DK glyphs maximising output and survivability and threat generation.

What do you think is important for your character to focus on: As a Blood Dk stacking Mastery is vital to my survival due to the mastery talent Blood shield. Parry ive chosen as my main mitigation stack over dodge due to the weapon rune sword shattering as its a free 4% to add on to my weapon, in terms of stacking order when reforging stats go Mastery>parry>dodge. Obviously if i needed a hit, or expertise cap i would reach that before fine tuning stats to my liking. Focusing on perfecting my rotation is also paramount as Blood dks can when used properly can put out tremendous aoe and single target dps so i often research new rotations and practise them when i get the opportunity.

Do you have an offspec, and do you have gear for it: I have a frost offspec currently but not fully geared im busy farming gear for it but its hard as there is alot of demand for the gear from the hour of twilight heroics.

Character tradeskill professions and levels: I have already mentioned my Paladin to the recruitment officer ;) this character was not my main at the time of my quitting of WoW so proffessions were not for raiding they are currently Max Alch and max herb. On my old main being a paladin it was BS.

Make sure to give us an armory link using the armory button above inserting your character name between the tags (please log off in your PvE gear): Cóól

What sets you aside from other applicants: Well im sure you get many quality applicants. But i can safely say ive experienced a large majority of content back when WoW made you sweat, up to the more fluffier user friendly WoW ive seen it all. I unlike many other people have the ability to adapt to situations i can take the heat of progression and i can handle criticism and use it to my advantage by becoming better instead of raging and being completely regressive, i also have experience of raidleading and running a guild though those days are over i know what it feels like when members kick up a shit storm so you can be assured i wouldnt want to put that kind of stuff on your plate im a safe bet ;). To summarise Im skilled, experienced and besides my raiding abilities im also a great guy to be around and talk to, whether its advice, intelectual discussion or mindless banter you will find me in the thick of it!

Previous guild(s): RCLG my old semi hardcore guild that disbanded. Atonement for a brief period. (that was on this server) Beforehand on Hellfire ive been in many top guilds. Namely Defiance and Netherstorm. For a brief period if its of any significance i played rift and whilst there i raided in a newly formed guild some players from top EU guild n0x and some players from Yoh a 17th world ranked WoW raiding guild. But quit and came back to WoW due to pressures from old WoW friends.

Reason(s) why you left previous guild(s): RCLG- G disband. Atonement- it was rubbish. Defiance quit for exams ( family pressures not my choise ) Netherstorm quit for sport (my hockey got quite serious so i had to really focus for trials lots of trainings so i couldnt commit )

Reasons why you would like to join: I have only recently come back to WoW after a crafty email from Blizz offering 7 days trial to steal my money again by getting me addicted and it worked. Im looking for a stable guild with a hunger for team work and success and appreciate experience and skill. I want to nail up and coming content till WoW dies down as i feel its fitting considering the amount of expansions and content ive played through.

Were all of the above characters levelled by you from the start?: Of course :)

Any alts you would like to join with: My level 85 holy paladin very skilled with can be used for alt runs or even the odd raid if needed.

Are there any people in the guild that you know: Sadly not to any personal level, though after a delightful conversation with a recruitment officer i am hoping the rest of the guildies share the same politeness and i look forward to getting to know them should i be accepted!
Cóól

Re: Application by Cóól :)

Postby Løyning on Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:40 pm

Thanks a lot for the well written app, aswell as the chat we had earlier, Cool.
We'll have a talk about it, and be in touch as soon as we have an answer for you!

:)
Recruitment monkey!
Løyning
Officer

Postby Cóól on Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:47 pm

Sure mate looking forward to a response!
Cóól

Postby Dris on Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:39 pm

idd, great app - thanks for taking the time to write this mate.

we'll be in touch either here or in-game 8)

d
Dris
The Big Boner

Postby Cóól on Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:54 pm

Okay well as you know im currently running on trial game time it may run out today or it might of already run out i will find out in a moment but it may have to be via this. cheers
Cóól

Postby Drexx on Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:09 am

Heya mate, we've decided to offer you a trial. Give someone a /w in game and we'll throw you an invite.
Will tank for food.
Drexx
Officer

Return to Joining the Backbone