Xahan - Elemental Shaman

Think you've got what it takes to join The Devils Backbone? Post your details in here and we'll get back to you

Moderators: Drexx, Løyning

Xahan - Elemental Shaman

Postby Løyning on Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:35 pm

Posting an application for this nice fellow, as there seem to be a local ISP issue thats keeping him from loading our site at this time.

ABOUT YOU, THE PLAYER BEHIND THE CHARACTER

Your age: 32

Your nationality: English

Your gender: Male

Can you use Vent and do you have a microphone (you don't need to speak to join but we do need you to listen): Yes I do, I can listen and talk.

How long have you been playing WOW: Since 3 months after the game was released. During that time, I've taken the odd 3-4 month break.

Will you be able to attend the raids (answer yes, no or maybe):
Monday 20.15-23.00: Yes
Tuesday 20.15-23.00: Maybe
Thursday 20.15-23.00: Yes

ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER

Character name: Xahan

Character class: Shaman - Elemental

Character ilevel: 358

How long have you been level 85 (use /played in-game): Unable to login and tell you, but this was my main back in Vanilla .... so over 70-80 days.

Character spec (please explain why you chose this spec): Elemental / Resto OS. I chose this because I had never played a caster since Vanilla and really enjoy it. Having played a frost dk and enhancement spec shammmy, I needed a change.

Which glyphs are you using, and why: I am using Lightening Bolt, obvious dps gain. Fire Shock, again obvious dps again. Unleashed Lightening, due to the high amount of running around in Cata Raiding.

What do you think is important for your character to focus on: As a dps class, it is important to focus on maximising damage output. Be it bringing food/flasks, researching tactics or just trying to improve my gameplay.

Do you have an offspec, and do you have gear for it: Resto and I do have some gear for it.

Character tradeskill professions and levels: Skinning 525 / Leather Working 505

Make sure to give us an armory link using the armory button above inserting your character name between the tags (please log off in your PvE gear):

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... n/advanced

What sets you aside from other applicants: I would just like to add, I know I need to upgrade/add a few enchants and will do them hopefully tonight (16/10/11), if I can manage to log in. The legs will not be enchanted further as I need just one HC run to get my T12 legs, then they will be fully gemmed/ench'd.

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I know my gear is probably a touch under what you would expect from an applicant but I can offer a no-nonsense, mature raider who likes to have fun. I dont go all emo about not getting gear, everything comes to those who wait!

Previous guild(s): Nova.

Reason(s) why you left previous guild(s): Being very honest, I am not actually leaving the guild. I will continue to keep a Frost DK in the guild and raid with them on a Friday evening.

Reasons why you would like to join: I would really like to play with a different character, having been on my DK for a while now. I've pugged with a few of your boys and you seem a nice bunch of people.

Were all of the above characters levelled by you from the start?: Aye, all my characters have been leveled by myself: Paladin, Shaman and DK all at 85. I have a warrior at 70.

Any alts you would like to join with: I would very much consider joining with my paladin http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... x/advanced He has a good holy spec/gear and a ret spec too. If you are not able to accomodate a ele shaman, please consider a holy/ret paladin?

Are there any people in the guild that you know: Not of any significant value to mention. Only Loyning, after a decent chat ingame with him.
Recruitment monkey!
Løyning
Officer

Re: Xahan - Elemental Shaman

Postby Løyning on Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:37 pm

Thanks for the chat and your application Xahan! We'll have a little chat amongst ourselves, and we hope to reach a conclusion ASAP.

:)
Recruitment monkey!
Løyning
Officer

Postby Dris on Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:03 pm

'tis idd a nice app xahan, and thanks for taking the time to write it. i also appreciate your honesty regarding nova; it's no issue at all for me that you want to keep an active raider with them and i hope they're cool with you bringing the shammy over to us.

hope to meet you soon 8)

d
Dris
The Big Boner

Postby Løyning on Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:09 pm

Yoink.
Recruitment monkey!
Løyning
Officer

Return to Joining the Backbone