Zaknafeín - fury warrior

Think you've got what it takes to join The Devils Backbone? Post your details in here and we'll get back to you

Moderators: Drexx, Løyning

Zaknafeín - fury warrior

Postby Zaknafeín on Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:25 pm

ABOUT YOU, THE PLAYER BEHIND THE CHARACTER

Your age: 34

Your nationality: Danish

Your gender: Male

Can you use Vent and do you have a microphone (you don't need to speak to join but we do need you to listen): Yes to both.

How long have you been playing WOW: Since original wow, so about 6 years.

Will you be able to attend the raids (answer yes, no or maybe):
Monday 20.15-23.00: Yes
Tuesday 20.15-23.00: Yes
Thursday 20.15-23.00: Yes

I can normally make most raids, however I sometimes have to take a night or two off to take care of real life. I have a babygirl, so if GF has plans I need to take care of the little one :)

ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER

Character name: Zaknafeín

Character class: Warrior (fury)

Character ilevel: 360

How long have you been level 85 (use /played in-game): 17 days

Character spec (please explain why you chose this spec): Fury: 8/31/2
Choose the spec based on fury warrior guides, as it's commonly agreed upon to be the best spec for a fury warrior.
Choose TG over SMF as I like the gameplay of TG better.

Which glyphs are you using, and why:
Bloodthirst, Raging Blow and Slam. Chosen because the glyphs either increase damage done or critical strike chance of my most used attacks.

What do you think is important for your character to focus on: Strength, Hit/expertise to soft cap and then crit rating.

Do you have an offspec, and do you have gear for it: I have OS protection and ilvl 364 gear for it.

Character tradeskill professions and levels: Blacksmithing 525
Engineering 525

Make sure to give us an armory link using the armory button above inserting your character name between the tags (please log off in your PvE gear): http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... n/advanced

What sets you aside from other applicants: I'm a raider at heart, and I strive to do my best at all times while having fun. I enjoy to chat with guildmembers and like helping where I can.

Previous guild(s): DysOrder (a Horde guild on the Nordrassil realm)

Reason(s) why you left previous guild(s): After five years the guild for various reasons stopped raiding and as raiding is a big part of why I play WoW I knew I had to find a new guild that was actively raiding.

Reasons why you would like to join: As stated above I like to raid, and when my previous guild stopped raiding I started to talk to Tijer, who is a RL friend of mine, about joining TDB. I liked what I've heard and hence this application.

Were all of the above characters levelled by you from the start?: Yes

Any alts you would like to join with: No

Are there any people in the guild that you know: Tijer (RL friend) and had a brief ingame chat with Løyning.
Zaknafeín

Re: Zaknafeín - fury warrior

Postby Tijer on Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:29 pm

About time! ;-)
Tijer

Postby Løyning on Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:06 pm

Hey again Zak, thanks for a well written app! We'll look it over and be in touch either here or in-game asap!

Lloyd.
Recruitment monkey!
Løyning
Officer

Postby Løyning on Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:15 pm

Notes and comments about applicants reforging, gems, or gear in general isn't really necessary. More often than not these things have been adressed by me prior to the applicant posting his application. This one's a simple case of specswapping, the fellow has been tanking for some time, and has just swapped to fury for us.
He knows what needs to be done, and will see to that it is. This fellow knows his business, much like his mate Tijer, I sense.

Thank you. :)
Recruitment monkey!
Løyning
Officer

Postby Tijer on Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:46 am

... hmm what!?

Tijer

Postby Tijer on Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:58 am

I am quite sure this is.. a misspost (or how you call it) - but I have been were honest from the very start.

Zak were Tank back in the days, we didnt need Tanks, so he would try DPS. I have been saying this from day 1.. he have been asking me about advice - but.. I aint a warrior.

Not saying he "just" should get a Yes - cause of my pretty face (AND yes I have a very pretty face! :P) - but.... there have been honesty all the way.

Hmm.....................
Tijer

Postby ripples on Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:15 am

it was aimed at me tig . both my posts have been removed. when all i did was post a link that'll help with reforging etc. but im getting shunned for it.
ripples

Postby Løyning on Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:51 am

The confusion Tigs, is just a result of my efforts to try keeping these application threads free from things not related to recruitment. I always knew Zak used to tank, and I'm just saying that's why it's unecessary to point out things he should sort out, because he knows, as does the officers.

Back on topic; we've decided to offer you a trial Zaknafeín, we'll be in touch in-game asap. :)

Best of luck good sir!
Recruitment monkey!
Løyning
Officer

Return to Joining the Backbone