Fjaz, Restoration druid.

Think you've got what it takes to join The Devils Backbone? Post your details in here and we'll get back to you

Moderators: Drexx, Løyning

Fjaz, Restoration druid.

Postby Fjaz on Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:47 pm

ABOUT YOU, THE PLAYER BEHIND THE CHARACTER

Hello there, Devil's Backbone.
My name is Jakob, and i'm 18 years old. The reason i choose to make an application to your guild is because the current guild i'm in "Angels Embrace" is raiding casually. The problem I'm fasing in the guild is getting a spot in their raids. Actually iv'e been playing my paladin quite a bit lately. Deluminator They keep saying i have to be geared for their raids, however i feel that my pala is well geared from running through Zandalari, and iv'e been in 1 raid. where we downed Cho'gall. This was a PUG raid.

Before I start "blabbing" about my character, I'd like to tell you about myself.

As i told, My name is Jakob and i'm 18 years old. I live in Randers, Denmark. Currently i'm on my 2nd year of business school (out of 3), where i learn about marketing, and financing among other subjects. Apart from school, I spent a fair share of my time, with Amortentia, Rasmus - who just applied to you, and got accepted. (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2371)
I'm playing soccer, Tuesdays and Thursdays 18:30 - 20:30. This results in a small problem, if i were to be accepted to your Guild. Before i get home and get ready to raid, the time will be about: 21:00 to 21:10. of course it's quite critical to be on time, but what i would lack in meeting at the time, i hope i can prove to catch up with in my dedication to making results and progress in the guild, both socialy and progress wise.

I'm from Denmark, and I like that your raid days are weekdays and not in the weekend. after all, we danes got a drinking image to keep. So I like to go in town in the weekends now and then.

My gender is Male, if you shouldn't have figured that out yet. ;)

I'll be able to use Ventrilo, and i have a microphone. Though it's not required to speak, i'd like to, because I enjoy speaking English.

How long have you been playing WOW:
Since TBC, on and off. The reason to this, is I never took my gaming to the next level. As you can see on my armory, i haven't done many raids, though i know/knew about them. Now i'm ready to crank up the volume, and take it to the next level.

I'll be able to attend your raids:
Monday 20.15-23.00: no problem being ready on time. Tacs read, gemmed, enchanted and repaired.
Tuesday 20.15-23.00: Will have to drop in when i'm home from Soccer, about 21:00 - 21:10. else no problems.
Thursday 20.15-23.00: -Will have to drop in when i'm home from Soccer, about 21:00 - 21:10. else no problems.

Before telling you guys about my character, I'd like to offer you the choice of either my paladin or my druid. The paladin is fairly geared as stated earlier, where the druid is poorly geared. In the weekend, we're facing i will run some Zandalari with my Druid making it ready, if you choose my druid.

ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER

Character name: Fjaz, Deluminator

Character class: Druid, Paladin

Character ilevel: 344 equipped, 356 equipped

How long have you been level 85 (use /played in-game):
Fjaz, 3 days, 16 hours
Deluminator, 2 days, 20 hours

Character spec (please explain why you chose this spec):
Resto and holy. The reason i choose the role as healer is because i like the thrill of being the one keeping the raid/group alive. curing various diseases casting hots or critical direct heals.

Which glyphs are you using, and why:
both my glyphs on Deluminator and Fjaz, are focused on healing. so that i'll optimize everything that i can in my healing.

What do you think is important for your character to focus on:
playing my role right. focus on learning the way the guild operates.

Do you have an offspec, and do you have gear for it:
Deluminator - poorly - okay geared in both prot and retribution
Fjaz - poorly geared in feral dps.

Character tradeskill professions and levels:
Deluminator, Mining - and taking up engineering
Fjaz, Herbalism - Alchemy

Make sure to give us an armory link using the armory button above inserting your character name between the tags (please log off in your PvE gear):
Fjaz Deluminator

What sets you aside from other applicants:
Doing what i'm told. and some crazy danish humor. ;)

Previous guild(s):
Angels Embrace

Reason(s) why you left previous guild(s):
Not left yet on deluminator, Fjaz is not in a guild. the reason i search a new guild, is to to have spot in your raid team.

Reasons why you would like to join:
Amortentia, said he thought you guys sounded like a nice time, and then i thought i'd give it a shot! :)

Were all of the above characters levelled by you from the start?:
Yes they are. beside my Druid and pala, i have an 85 hunter aswell. and some "trash" characters in various levels. warrior 73, priest 68 and others.

Any alts you would like to join with:
not at the moment.

Are there any people in the guild that you know:
Amortentia, and then i spoke with Løyning about joining the guild.

With kind regards:
Jakob/Fjaz - Deluminator
Last edited by Fjaz on Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fjaz

Re: Fjaz, Restoration druid.

Postby Amortentia on Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:16 pm

Hey Jakob.

Thank you for the very kind words, but indeed, we do tend to spend a fairly amount of time
together. But yet again, is that a problem? Nah, we enjoy it both of us.

Well.. About the application I must say that its very well written, good job.

Good luck getting in, I hope you'll be accepted.

Best wishes,
Rasmus :ugeek:
Amortentia

Postby Dris on Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:45 pm

indeed, another great app, and we'd be interested in your druid please (although your druid paladin sounds like a class blizz should implement asap!) obviously gear is an issue at the moment and it's good that you acknowledge that.

i'll be happy to take you on board as a friend of amor's initially in a non-raid capacity, as is guild policy, and let you gear the druid in the timescale you mentioned. if you can get it up to spec (inc. all 'chants, gems etc) i'll be more than happy to offer you a trial raid spot.

how does that sound?

d
Dris
The Big Boner

Postby Fjaz on Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:52 pm

It sounds just fine! :)
Fjaz

Postby Gwath on Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:23 pm

Dris wrote:druid paladin

Yeah I read that in the app and I was puzzled for a moment. I've been away for just one week and they merged two classes AND restored the gold outline of heirlooms ? That's just too much to take in at once.

if you can get it up to spec (inc. all 'chants, gems etc) i'll be more than happy to offer you a trial raid spot.

addendum: enchanting and gemming properly is considered more important than having the right ilvl.

/Gwath
Gwath
Officer

Postby Fjaz on Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:38 pm

editted :D would indeed be interesting with a druid paladin class :)
Fjaz

Return to Joining the Backbone