Amortentia, Mage.

Think you've got what it takes to join The Devils Backbone? Post your details in here and we'll get back to you

Moderators: Drexx, Løyning

Amortentia, Mage.

Postby Amortentia on Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:20 pm

About me, the player behind the character.

My age: Hello. I'm turning 17 in a few weeks, therefore am I seeking a more mature and established guild,
for some raiding purpose. Not that it's important but my name is Rasmus, and I'm living in a small city called Randers, Denmark.

My nationality: As I mentioned before I'm from Randers, Denmark. It's a small place with a lot of sweet and loveable people. I'm proud to call myself a Dane. I couldn't be more satisfied than I am. Atleast not with where I live, hehe.

My gender: As my name is Rasmus its obliously that I'm from the male section.

Can I use Vent and do I have a microphone: Yes, I do own a microphone and I do have Ventrilo, Mumble, TS even Skype installed on my computer. And to the "not having to talk thing", I love to talk, when I may ofc. Theres nothing more exciting than learing new people, speak with them, down bosses with them, even die with them. So yeah, it shouldn't be a problem at all.

For how long have I been playing WOW: I startede playing WoW short after the release of The Burning Crusade. Unfortunately, I was too young to understand what the heck WoW was at the Classic version, but I sure got to learn quickly. Most enjoyable game, I've even been playing. (That said I think it's about 4 years)

Will I be able to attend the raids:
Monday 20.15-23.00: Yes(Working till 20.30 sometimes, so might be 30min late)
Tuesday 20.15-23.00: Yes
Thursday 20.15-23.00: Yes

About my character:

Character name: My characters name is Amoretentia, its a cute little beloved gnome which I endore.

Character class: Amortentia is a "Fireball-casting Mage" Although my main spec is Arcane.

Character ilevel: Amortentia's Itemlevel is just about 366, but I might have to add that its only 361(or so) equipped.

How long have I been level 85: I've only been 85 for around 9 days now, but as I tend to learn quickly, I figured how to
use my CDs, and racial to improve my DPS, or survive a massive attack at my foe.

Character spec: At the moment I'm Arcane, because it's the most bursting spec we've got. Atleast right now.
I find Arcane tricky at some points, as you need mana-management. If you can't deal with that, at a high rate, you wont be able to burst as much.

Which glyphs am I using, and why: Only going to mention 3 glyphs.
Prime Glyph of: Mage Armor, makes my Mage Armor generate 20% more mana. I'm using this because of the mana-management I mentioned.
Mayor Glyph of: Evocation, to make the healers job easier.
Minor Glyph of: Slow fall, to prevent dieing from falling speed. (Would be kinda bad if happened..)

What do you think is important for your character to focus on: Its important for me to focus on threat, avoid all the bad stuff on the ground, during encounters, and I think it's important for my character to focus on being as good as possible.
Usually I read on how to do the encounters, to be prepared and try not to fail. But sometimes, you learn quicker by failing.

Do I have an offspec, and do I have gear for it: Indeed I do, its Frost for my fun in PvP. I've got some pvp stuff, not much tho, as I don't fancy PvPing before Raiding.

Character tradeskill professions and levels: Alchemy and Herbing. (Working on reaching 525 as fast as I can)

Amortentia

What sets me aside from other applicants: I know how to play this game. I'm very reliable and wont let you down.
I can take criticism if I should be doing something wrong. I always read up on tacts, even on bosses where I'm 100% sure, just to make sure it's the best way to do it. I'm always prepared, and repaired before the raid inv's.
I wont disappoint you, and if so, let me know.

Previous guild: I'm currently in a guild called Angels Embrace, lovely guild, but they always let some of us out, to take the "main-grp" in raids. I joined with the words that I was needed in raids.

Reason why I left previous guild: I'm leaving because I'm seeking a more mature and core raiding guild.

Reasons why you would like to join: I've heard that TDB is a great place to be around. I, as I've mentioned many times before, seek a more reliable raiding guild with social players.

Were all of the above characters levelled by you from the start?: Yes they were.

Any alts you would like to join with: Not any worth of mentioning at this point.

Are there any people in the guild that you know: As far as I know, no. But I've had a nice talk with Løyning.

Well, thats about it really. I hope to hear from you in the nearest future. Take care untill we meet again.

Kind regards,
Amortentia/Rasmus
Amortentia

Re: Amortentia, Mage.

Postby Løyning on Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:54 pm

Hey again Amortentia, having considered you and your application, we'd be delighted to offer you a trial.
I'll add your main to my friends list and keep an eye out for you.

Best of luck! :)

Lloyd.
Recruitment monkey!
Løyning
Officer

Postby Dris on Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:08 am

that's a wonderful app amor, thanks for taking the time to fill it in so well for us - look forward to meeting you soon!

d
Dris
The Big Boner

Postby Toad on Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:59 am

Hi there! Im Toäd. I am a mage. lets be friends!

Also, for arcane mages your stat priority is Int > Hit (until cap) > Spell power > Mastery > Crit > haste

Sidenote: Have you ever been to the Zoo in Randers? I was there once - it was awesome. There was a... nosebear? that liked candy... yes. Ill link it!

http://www.regnskoven.dk/netop-nu/nyhed ... ens-hytte/

awesome Nosebear.

so yeah, Hi.
Toäd
Toad

Postby Gwath on Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:08 am

Amortentia wrote:Previous guild: I'm currently in a guild called Angels Embrace, lovely guild, but they always let some of us out, to take the "main-grp" in raids. I joined with the words that I was needed in raids.

Hi Amortentia,

I'd like to point out that our raids are sometimes (yes, it has happened before!) oversubscribed and then we have to leave a few signees out. However, in such a case the raid leaders try to keep a rotation to give all signees a fair share. Sometimes we're also quite undersubscribed so we have to do a 10-man instead of a 25-man. So yes, you are needed here as well, but keep this in mind ;-)

Gwath
Hunter Officer / interim Expectations Manager
Gwath
Officer

Postby Amortentia on Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:49 pm

Hello everyone, thank you for your sweet words.
And yes Toad, we can be friends! Randers Regnskov, Zoo, is awesome!
- I'll change the things that you have pointed out, and I look forward to meet you all.

- I'm completely okay with that, aslong it's not every single week, as my currently guild. hehe :)

See you soon,
Amortentia :)
Amortentia

Return to Joining the Backbone