Wholahay lvl 85 sv hunter

Think you've got what it takes to join The Devils Backbone? Post your details in here and we'll get back to you

Moderators: Drexx, Løyning

Wholahay lvl 85 sv hunter

Postby Wholahay on Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:09 am

ABOUT YOU, THE PLAYER BEHIND THE CHARACTER

Your age:38

Your nationality:UK

Your gender:Male

Real name is Ian- people get all flustered trying to say my characters name over vent all the time :P

Can you use Vent and do you have a microphone (you don't need to speak to join but we do need you to listen):
yes

How long have you been playing WOW:
since vanilla wow day 1

Will you be able to attend the raids (answer yes, no or maybe):
Monday 20.15-23.00:yes
Tuesday 20.15-23.00:yes
Thursday 20.15-23.00:yes

ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER

Character name:Wholahay

Character class:Hunter

Character ilevel:360

How long have you been level 85 (use /played in-game):26 days at 85 - 173 days in total on hunter

Character spec (please explain why you chose this spec):
SV - Took this spec for certain boss fights where the extra trapping ability's and the increased aoe spread is better then MM, The rotation helps with moving around alot easier then MM as well- simplistic spec but deadly.

I do Have MM spec as my 2nd spec which does tend to have a slight dps increase on single target boss encounters but find it a clunky spec at the moment with the spamming steady shot to keep up the rapid fire buff.
Will see what results I get now with 4.2 as they nerfed some of the SV talents but increased others.

Which glyphs are you using, and why:
Prime:
explosive shot- increased crit chance
arcane shot -12% more damage which is marvellous for sv focus dump
kill shot - 2x killshots =yummy damage when needed.
major glyphs:
Ice trap= increased range by 2 yards- good for bosses with lots of adds- helps the offtanks kiting and such.
trap launcher-anything to save focus as SV hunter which uses traps quite often.
raptor strike - helps healers when doing the chain lightning on nef- just smack him or the mobs on the pillar- reduces damage taken by 20% for 5 sec- every bit helps.
minor glyphs- feign death/res pet knockback and aspect of the pack- help those slackers that get left behind to catch up quickly after wipes:P

What do you think is important for your character to focus on:
At present after attaining hit cap- I focus on crit then haste- even though mastery should benefit SV after some research and testing that it isn't as beneficial as crit and haste.
So hit-crit-haste then mastery last.

Do you have an offspec, and do you have gear for it:
MM -same gear as SV - the beauty of hunters :P one set suits all :P

Character tradeskill professions and levels:
Alchemy elixir master 325
herbalism 325 (took this for the haste buff- which is on 2 min cooldown-480 haste(20 sec duration) every 2 min is lovely)

Make sure to give us an armory link using the armory button above inserting your character name between the tags (please log off in your PvE gear):
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... hay/simple
What sets you aside from other applicants:
Well I don't like to think I am different to others or superior - I much prefer the "team" effort type of attitude and that working together to achieve goals is better then thinking one is better then the other:)

Previous guild(s):
Chapter 2 -guild disbanded during cata.
Joined Ace for a bit as casual as wanted to try Rift mmo- which sucked!
Came back and joined a group of old newish Chapter 2 members in a new guild called Elements.
Reason(s) why you left previous guild(s):
Ask me in-game and will say- suffice to say a falling out with the GM over rotations.

Reasons why you would like to join:
To get into 25 man raiding again which I enjoyed the most -much better then 10 man raiding.

Were all of the above characters levelled by you from the start?:
yes
Any alts you would like to join with:
Yes but can wait awhile to get them to join- I have 3 other characters - a lvl 85 warrior/84 priest soon to be 85 and my pala which will be the next to get to 85 as its only 80 still :P

Are there any people in the guild that you know:
Not personaly but no doubt know a few as been on turylon for quite some time -started of on silvermoon and took the first free character transfer with a friend to turylon- then tried wildhammer server and then anachronos but then came back to turylon- spent the better part of 4 years on turylon with the other 2 years on wildhammer/anachronos.
Wholahay

Re: Wholahay lvl 85 sv hunter

Postby Løyning on Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:27 am

Thanks for your app Ian!
We'll have a look and be in touch asap, either here or in-game!

Lloyd.
Recruitment monkey!
Løyning
Officer

Postby Dris on Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:40 am

indeed, great app; and I likes the challenge of pronouncing your name on vent. ofc, we may just give you a patented 'quick nickname' which in your case should be hulahunter. or who. or hooty. hooty could work...

anyhoo (that could work!), expect to hear from someone very soon and thanks for the app 8)

d
Dris
The Big Boner

Postby Løyning on Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:17 am

Grabbed for trial, good luck sir. :)
Recruitment monkey!
Løyning
Officer

Return to Joining the Backbone