Zobzo - Fury Warrior

Think you've got what it takes to join The Devils Backbone? Post your details in here and we'll get back to you

Moderators: Drexx, Løyning

Zobzo - Fury Warrior

Postby Zobzo on Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:22 pm

ABOUT YOU, THE PLAYER BEHIND THE CHARACTER

Your age: 25

Your nationality: Scottish

Your gender: Male

A bit about me? - As mentioned above, I'm 25 and live in the South West of Scotland in a sleepy rural area called Dumfries & Galloway. I work in Financial Services as a Customer Account Manager. Other things that I enjoy include live music, going to the pub with my mates and of course gaming. I also play Xbox on a regular basis - I am a die hard Call of Duty fan and when I'm not on WoW, I can be found on there. I am currently still living at home with my parents but I am looking to move out within the next year to be closer to my friends and girlfriend. All in all, I see myself as a relatively normal guy!

Can you use Vent and do you have a microphone (you don't need to speak to join but we do need you to listen):
I have Vent and a working mic.

How long have you been playing WOW:
Playing for around 3 years now.

Will you be able to attend the raids (answer yes, no or maybe):
Monday 20.15-23.00: Maybe (real life commitments)
Tuesday 20.15-23.00: Yes
Thursday 20.15-23.00: Yes

ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER

Character name: Zobzo (currently on Silvermoon Server but looking to move servers)

Character class: Warrior

Character ilevel: 346

How long have you been level 85 (use /played in-game):
4 days 22 hours (41 days in total on Zobzo)

Character spec (please explain why you chose this spec):
Fury DPS - I can generate substantially more DPS in Fury as I could as an Arms Warrior. I used Arms up to WotLK then changed to Fury. Also, I think a Fury Warrior looks better wielding 2 big weapons. :D

Which glyphs are you using, and why:
All my DPS Glyph slots are full. I have used glyphs that increase damage, crit strike and healing done to me. I chose these as I believe that they are most beneficial to my class as it will allow me to produce the highest levels of DPS from my character.

What do you think is important for your character to focus on:
I feel that as a Fury Warrior, I am best to focus on Strength, Crit Strike and hit rating as this will allow me to maximise my DPS.

Do you have an offspec, and do you have gear for it:
I have a Protection offspec which is at ilvl 353 - I was main tank for my current guild in ICC. I have reasonable tanking gear for Cata - but I am yet to try tanking the new content.

Character tradeskill professions and levels:
525 Blacksmith and Mining

Make sure to give us an armory link using the armory button above inserting your character name between the tags (please log off in your PvE gear):
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... bzo/simple

What sets you aside from other applicants:
I feel that I have a lot to offer this guild. I have previous raiding experience through most of WotLK aswell as a little experience raiding within Cata. I am a mature and sensible player who has no problems in taking orders within a raid but also being able to act upon my own initiative.

Previous guild(s): )&reasons for leaving)
The Reservior Dogs - our won guild when we first started playing WoW. Only had our own characters and was used mainly as a bank.
Lionheart - I enjoyed this guild. It was a purely social guild. I joined at level 80 and found I was the highest level of player there. I was made an officer and helped to build and shape the guild. The guild fell apart when the free character migration came to Silvermoon and everyone left to a less laggy server.
Champions of Silvermoon - This is a large, well known and respected guild on Silvermoon. Since the launch of the guild achievement system, our guild has started to fall apart. There are a few good, solid players remaining, but now not enough to hold together a raid. I have a variety of characters in this guild, my warrior will move but my spriest and druid will remain with them.

Reason(s) why you left previous guild(s):
listed above - my browser is 'being difficult' and constantly scrolling down for some reason which limits my copy and paste :cry:

Reasons why you would like to join:
Lokking for a guild that will be my new home. It was also recommended to me by a friend who is already a member here as a welcoming and fun guild to play with.

Were all of the above characters levelled by you from the start?:
Yes - I'm not a filthy cheater! :D

Any alts you would like to join with:
Not at the moment but maybe in the future. They are currently tied up with other guilds.

Are there any people in the guild that you know:
Trev aka Drexyn a Death Knight.
Zobzo

Re: Zobzo - Fury Warrior

Postby Dris on Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:57 pm

thanks for the app mate - very nicely written which is always a plus for me. we'll take a look and get back to you. we're not currently actively recruiting melee right now but as you're a rl friend of scotty's we may be able to offer you something.

someone will be in touch either here or in-game asap. i'd suggest rolling a toon on tura so we can chat if needs be

cheers

d
Dris
The Big Boner

Postby Zobzo on Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:05 am

Alrighty then, I'll make a character on Turylon tonight and I'll put his name on here.

As an addition, I also have a level 67 Shadow Priest called Xianos- if Zobzo was to be unsuccessful, I will move the Priest to Turylon and level her there. I will apply with her once she reaches 85 if you would better require a ranged DPS or Healer.
Zobzo

Postby Drexyn on Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:33 pm

I can vouch for this no good SOaB as a fellow Account Manager i hold him in a high esteem despite the fact he lives in the most backward parts of Scotland you can ever find.....believe me.......chewing the cud is like playing the xbox down there. I hope we can find a space for you in the guild and if Jamie has applied i'm sure he will have the rule over him too.

Best of luck with your app and see you in the green (hopefully)

Trev aka Scotty aka Drexyn aka Drexx's best pal :lol:
Drexyn

Postby Zobzo on Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:15 am

I made a wee character on Turylon last night, his name is Peugeot. I spoke to Trev last night on the phone, and he mentioned that if I fail at making the raiding team, could I apply for the social side of the guild please?
Zobzo

Return to Joining the Backbone