Atrexia - Arcane Mage

Think you've got what it takes to join The Devils Backbone? Post your details in here and we'll get back to you

Moderators: Drexx, Løyning

Atrexia - Arcane Mage

Postby Atrexia on Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:01 pm

Your age: 22 Years old.

Your nationality: British.

Your gender: Male.

Can you use Vent and do you have a microphone (you don't need to speak to join but we do need you to listen): I have both Ventrilo and a working microphone (:

How long have you been playing WOW: I've been playing WoW on and off since Vanilla, though my raiding experience only started in Wrath unfortunately.

Will you be able to attend the raids (answer yes, no or maybe):
Monday 20.15-23.00: Yes
Tuesday 20.15-23.00: Yes
Thursday 20.15-23.00: Yes (:

ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER

Character name: Atrexia

Character class: Mage (Arcane MS/ Fire OS)

Character ilevel: 359

How long have you been level 85 (use /played in-game): 13 days, 23 hours.

Character spec (please explain why you chose this spec): Arcane - Well during Cataclysm, arcane at my gear level has been the top performing dps spec for me (except on add heavy fights, such as halfus heroic, and maloriak heroic, where fire's AOE output was by far much better) I use a standard cookie cutter spec, except for the two points i put into improved blink - I did this purely for the moment increase, and being able to move out of the shit a little quicker, is usually the difference between my own death, and staying alive :')

Which glyphs are you using, and why: I'm currently using (Prime) Arcane blast - For the increased 3% damage buff from AB, Arcane Missiles - again, a straight dps increase over one of my main abilities, and glyph of mage armor - for the extra mana regen, which obviously as arcane is important, as our mastery is based around how much mana we currently have. (Major) Glyph of Arcane Power - When AP is active, i'm able to use my mirror image ability again, which is of course more dps. The other glyphs for both major and minor are both not really dps performing, and as we don't have much option, this is basically the only reason i chose them - Glyph of slow, glyph of invisibility, conjuring, mirror images and slow fall.

What do you think is important for your character to focus on: In terms of stats on my character, My stat priority of choice is hit > 17% > Int > Mastery, Crit + finally haste.

Do you have an offspec, and do you have gear for it: I have a fire offspec, and switch specs accordingly depending on the fight in question.

Character tradeskill professions and levels: Tailoring + Enchanting - Both at 525.

Make sure to give us an armory link using the armory button above inserting your character name between the tags (please log off in your PvE gear): http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... xia/simple

What sets you aside from other applicants: I'm a dedicated player, I gear my character to the best of my ability, to make myself able to perform the best way possible. I read up on tactics for fights prior, and make myself to the abilities of all bosses, before a given raid night. I give 110% on raid nights, both progression + farm, and make sure I run simulations on my characters often, so i know that i am reforging/gemming correctly, so that I can push out the most dps possible. I also like to think i'm a pretty social guy, I like to get on well with the people I play the game with, and try to build friendships with people in guild (:

Previous guild(s): Prophecy

Reason(s) why you left previous guild(s): Prophecy is a great guild, where I have many friends with, however I am looking to raid, and unfortunately they have ceased raiding currently. Hence my desire to apply to a new guild (:

Reasons why you would like to join: Having seen your advertisement in trade, and speaking to loyning (sorry buddy, i can't do the funny thing with the o on this keyboard :P) in game, you guys seem to be exactly what i'm looking for. Good progression, a nice bunch of people - something i'd like to go into firelands and beyond with (:

Were all of the above characters levelled by you from the start?: They were!

Any alts you would like to join with: My pvp alt Valtharin, if anyones looking for a feral 2s or 3s partner let me know, I hear they are rather FOTM at the moment :P

Are there any people in the guild that you know: unfortunately not, however i have spoken to loyning briefly in game, and if the rest of you guys are as nice as he is, then i'd hopefully get to know you guys a lot better (:

I'd just like to add, thanks very much for taking the time to look over my application, and i'll hopefully hear from you soon!
Atrexia

Re: Atrexia - Arcane Mage

Postby Løyning on Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:07 pm

Hey again Atrexia! Thanks for the brief chat in game(sorry again for disappearing on you, shitty craptop),
and the very well written app! We'll have a little chat and be in touch either here or in game asap. :D

Lloyd.
Recruitment monkey!
Løyning
Officer

Postby Mayen on Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:29 pm

Hi, I'm the odd mage officer who these days tanks on our raids.

I've gone through your app and what armory has to say about you and we'd be happy to offer you a trial in our guild. For most intents and purposes that is comparable to a full membership, except that after roughly two weeks we'll be making a decision whether or not we'd be happy to have you with us longer, and you won't have access to guild bank.

I didn't go too much into details as especially with arcane rating values tend to vary a lot, but two things I did find that were worth noting:
- You'd want intellect on your meta gem instead of crit
- While this is not reflected on your gemming you did say you prefer hit over intellect, intellect is the superior stat no matter what

Edit: grabbed
Main Mayen, supported by Seraia
Alts Amya, Elaria, Coria, Dahlia, Aycera, Yenacal, Velonea
Mayen
Officer, Forum Admin

Postby Dris on Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:12 pm

may, you're not that odd. welcome aboard atrexia, look forward to seeing what you can do 8)

d
Dris
The Big Boner

Postby Cheekybelle on Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:12 pm

Indeed, nothing odd about having two brains!
It's a lot like nuts and bolts - if the rider's nuts, the horse bolts! ~Nicholas Evans
Cheekybelle
Officer

Return to Joining the Backbone