Arms Warrior

Think you've got what it takes to join The Devils Backbone? Post your details in here and we'll get back to you

Moderators: Drexx, Løyning

Arms Warrior

Postby Badgamer on Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:48 pm

Your nationality:
English.

Your gender:
Male

Can you use Vent and do you have a microphone (you don't need to speak to join but we do need you to listen):
I have Vent on my PC.

How long have you been playing WOW:
Since Dec 05 on my Rogue, Rerolled DPS Warrior in Dec 08.

Will you be able to attend the raids (answer yes, no or maybe):
Monday 20.15-23.00: Yes.
Tuesday 20.15-23.00: No.
Thursday 20.15-23.00: Yes.

ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER

Character name:
Baddok (old names Nibbla, Morbow, Terrybad)

Character class:
Arms Warrior

Character ilevel:
356 equipped

How long have you been level 85 (use /played in-game):
14 days 21 hours

Character spec (please explain why you chose this spec):
Arms, played this spec throughout Wotlk after the Fury Nerf 3.1 and loved it, I spec'd back to Fury for ICC HMs
mainly due to the insane gear scaling for Fury. Rage normalization killed the fun of Fury (imo) and I havent ever played Fury since, Arms is quite overpowered at the moment, MS refreshing Rend has taken some of the micromanagement out of the spec making it easier to play well whilst learning new boss encounters also its massively better DPGCD and if you are sharp enough you can stance dance for increased dmg from Berzerker stance, Rage isnt as much of a problem anymore either so I find I am able to use all my GCDs making DPS easier with lower ilvl gear.

Which glyphs are you using, and why:
Standard really, MS, OP, Slam, all increase the damage of my Core abilities.

What do you think is important for your character to focus on:
Stats? -> Hit to cap 8% > Strength > Exp = Crit > Mastery > Haste.

Do you have an offspec, and do you have gear for it:
Prot / Fury - My DPS gear is stronger than my Prot gear.

Character tradeskill professions and levels:
525/525 Enchanting/ JC

Make sure to give us an armory link using the armory button above inserting your character name between the tags (please log off in your PvE gear):
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... dok/simple

What sets you aside from other applicants:
I am a competative player, I love the role of DPS, I have been ranked quite a few times on WoL back in WotLK when I was raiding on a regular timetable.

Previous guild(s):
Vanilla -> Liberation (happy memories) - played my Rogue back then, Garritt.
TBC -> The Phoenix Reborn - on my Rogue.
WotLK -> Rexus Reborn - Dreamcatcher/Faceroll - Myth (Horde) - Docet Umbra.
Cata -> Nerf Warlocks (social guild) - Wasted (currently a social due to RL commitments).

Reason(s) why you left previous guild(s):
Liberation - after months of struggling to get people to raid BWL the guild folded, sad times.
The Phoenix Reborn - I had to step down as Rogue class leader due to Work commitments.
Rexus Reborn - conflict when I switched my main from Rogue to Warrior at the start of Wotlk.
Dreamcatcher - Shenron ruined the fun for everyone.
Faceroll - Too many socials in raids, people not taking raiding serious, GM decided enough was enough.
Myth - Great guild, stopped enjoying raids after my bro and some friends moved to Turalyon, we used to pug raids on the Horde side and I had so much fun doing that that I left Myth.
Docet Umbra - joined for a month, they were struggling to fill raids or get ideal raid set-ups it slowed progress down so much that they called it.
Nerf Warlocks - Just a casual guild used to play with my Bro and friends, just doing Heroics, Bear runs etc all my alts live there, people got bored and stopped logging on so I looked a raiding guild.
Wasted - Another good guild, I joined then and 2 weeks later I moved house and it stopped my trial for nearly 3 weeks, came back to WoW with alot less time on my hands, they were already on HMs and I had barely seen any of the content on Normal, making it alot less fun for me, I spoke with the GM Thrand letting him know that I couldnt Raid 4 nights a week and I ended up becoming a social player. I am currently still in Wasted as a social rank admittedly my low online attendance has kinda made me feel like a ghost there, I have informed the GM that I will not be raiding with them and that I am looking for a new guild to raid with.

Reasons why you would like to join:
You are recruiting DPS Warriors (which is quite rare), you raid 2/3 nights a week I can handle 2 nights no problem, you have a guild history on Turalyon so possibly a long haul for me all being well.

Were all of the above characters levelled by you from the start?:
All my characters were levelled by myself.

Any alts you would like to join with:
Maybe eventually, I am happy with them staying in my old guild with my Bro and friends, my level 85 alts -> DK Tank/DPS - Rogue - Lock - Druid.

Are there any people in the guild that you know:
I Dont think so, possibley played with some on my other characters since I have been on Turalyon since Dec 2005.

Cheers for reading.
Badgamer

Re: Arms Warrior

Postby Dris on Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:07 pm

hi baddok, nice app and thanks for posting it. we'll review it for you and be in touch soon either here or in-game

d
Dris
The Big Boner

Postby Toad on Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:11 am

Badgamer wrote:Character name: Baddok

That's like a really reaaaally bad parody of shad :p
Toäd
Toad

Postby Løyning on Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:13 am

Ello Baddok! Having considered your application we've found that you seem to be an okay chap who knows his business! If you'd contact Dristan, me, or any other officer if you catch any online, we'd be delighted to offer you a trial.
We'll keep an eye out to see when you pop online aswell. :)

Lloyd!
Recruitment monkey!
Løyning
Officer

Return to Joining the Backbone