DREXYN FROST DK

Think you've got what it takes to join The Devils Backbone? Post your details in here and we'll get back to you

Moderators: Drexx, Løyning

DREXYN FROST DK

Postby Drexyn on Sat May 07, 2011 1:42 pm

Character name: Drexyn

Character class: Deathknight

Character level: 85

Character spec, please explain why you chose this spec: Frost spec DPS, i like the damage effect and this is my preferred main usage. O/S Blood, i do like to tank to keep my hand in as i know some runs can be short now and again.

Which glyphs are you using, and why: For Minor i use PaoF BT and HoW, HoW for the extra 10% buff and PaoF for when i was levelling just not changed it yet but i will and finally BT which gives me an instance refresh on runes so that i can keep the damage going.
Majors i use DG,HC and AMS, the DG for the increase in range, HC to give me a lifeline if i'm running low on healt and need a quick hold off to get away and health up and AMS for the obvious reduction in damage when high threat is being aimed at me.
Primes i use FS, Obl and HB, the best way to describe these ones is that they all cause massive damage and HB is awesome i just love it.

What do you think is important for your character to focus on: As a DK the main priority for me in DPS is to deal as much damage as possible for a melee class and to keep my threat to a minimum. As tanking my focus is on keeping threat so i use RS when it procs and BB to keep the focus on me as well as DC.

Do you have an offspec, and do you have gear for it: I do use tanking O/S and i have a wee bit gear for it, currently 348 equipped.

Character tradeskill professions and levels: I'm 525 on mining and jewelcrafting and 227 in fishing and 289 in cooking but the latter two are ongoing as i'm currently levelling them.

Can you use vent, do you have a mic: I use vent, TS3 and Skype and i do have a mic .

How long have you been playing, and at 85 (use /played in-game): I have been an active player solid for 2.6 years and i have been lvl 85 about 5 months now.

Raid experience
Classic: I have only 5 achievements from here
TBC: I have 7 Achievements from here
WotLK: I have not cmpleted 12 achievements on LK Dungeon and i have only completed 15 achievements in LK Raid.
Cata: I have achieved 13 in cata dungeons and none in raids however i have done BH 10.

Will you be able to attend the raids (answer yes, no or maybe):
Monday 20.15-23.00: Yes
Tuesday 20.15-23.00: Yes
Thursday 20.15-23.00: Yes

Make sure to give us an armory link using the armory button above inserting your character name between the tags (please log off in your PvE gear): http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... n/advanced (edited by dris)

What sets you aside from other applicants: Thats a tough question as i dont know what i'm up against so i will answer as truthfully as i can, i'm a tryer and i give it everything to have fun and enjoy the game, i'm an adult and a professional in my job so i believe i'm mature enough to carry my load in the game. I pay my subscription like everyone else so i'm entitled to enjoy the game and make new friends and have good banter. I'm a noob when it comes to raiding but i can be a quick study with the right people around me.

Previous guild(s): I was with Cool Runnings as a senior member and i was basically learning how to get up to Kingslayer but never quite got it due to the GM leaving and everyone stopped raiding :-(
I went into the Asylum guild as my mate is the GM on the proviso that i help him establish a system on their forum for development of their upcoming noobs and new players. I completed that task and i took Drexyn out as he's is my main and wanted to come into a bigger guild with more raid experience to further enhance my gaming fun. I was also an officer in that guild so i have proven my abilities in two guilds as someone who can keep things in order and share the load.

Reason(s) why you left previous guild(s):
The reasons are as per above nothing more or less, i have never fallen out with anyone in a guild as it's the reason why we are here to play the game and have fun.
Reasons why you would like to join: As per above i would like to join the devils as i'm a fun natured guy with a friendly mature approach and i can make friends quickly, i have ties to other guilds including the top one so i'm only looking to add my skills to the cause and with my toon being decently geared already, i'm not a lost cause.

Were all of the above characters levelled by you from the start?: Every single toon i have has had my own blood and sweat on it.

Any alts you would like to join with: At the moment i have no alts to share as they are all tied up with friends guilds.

Are there any people in the guild that you know: I do not know anyone in this guild as far as i know.
Drexyn

Re: DREXYN FROST DK

Postby Dris on Sat May 07, 2011 1:53 pm

hi drexyn, thanks for the well-written app. i'l pass this under the nose of my dk officer and someone will be in touch with you asap

cheers!

d
Dris
The Big Boner

Postby Drexyn on Sat May 07, 2011 1:55 pm

Thanks Dris, please check wow armoury again as i added the missing enchant to my legs.

Forgot to add my best bib n tucker :-p
Drexyn

Postby Highbred on Sat May 07, 2011 3:38 pm

Thanks for your application, I'll take a proper detailed look over it tomorrow evening when I'm free and get back to you.

Highbred
Main:
Highbred - Death Knight (80)
Class Officer

Army of the Dead - Who's up for a game of dragon roulette?
Highbred
Officer

Postby Highbred on Sun May 08, 2011 10:37 pm

Hi, I see you've fixed your spec for a more traditional frost dps spec which is good to see as I was originally a little concerned, and although your gear is entry raid level we'd like to offer you a 2-3 week raiding trial to fill our final DK dps spot as gear is something that shouldn't take you long to collect as we are sharding a large amount of plate dps gear and weapons during our raids. If you could contact me ingame for a chat I would be appreciative so we can start the trial and get to know you and hopefully you will fit in to the Devils Backbone.
One point to add due to your cata raid experience is that we do go through tactics on bosses where required but any previously read boss tactics are always nice to see (although not vital).

Regards,

Highbred
Main:
Highbred - Death Knight (80)
Class Officer

Army of the Dead - Who's up for a game of dragon roulette?
Highbred
Officer

Postby Drexyn on Sun May 08, 2011 11:55 pm

Hi Highbred, I'm pleased my changes brought out a positive response and i know that the real work starts here. I would like to accept the offer and when i'm next on i will get in contact to arrange finer points with you.

I realised i had to change a couple of things from my initial request and i had already made the application prior to making my changes, "i was time limited so had to make the app then come back to make the changes".

i will be studying up on raids and tacs now so that i have a fair idea of the roles and responsabilities and of course i'm always happy to take instructions and act on them effectively.

I look forward to the fun

Drexyn :D
Drexyn

Return to Joining the Backbone