Aslan - Fire Mage

Think you've got what it takes to join The Devils Backbone? Post your details in here and we'll get back to you

Moderators: Drexx, Løyning

Aslan - Fire Mage

Postby aslan on Fri May 06, 2011 6:36 pm

[b]Character name: Aslan

Character class: Mage

Character level: 85

Character spec, please explain why you chose this spec: Fire?frost - Frost is used exclusively for soloing whilst fire is used for 5 man and raids, i used to run Arcane exclusively but have found fire to be MUCH more fun with a good combination of solo and AOE damage

Which glyphs are you using, and why: Fireball pyroblast blast wave - anything that ups my DPS is good, very good

What do you think is important for your character to focus on: in a word Damage, with perhaps a touch of CC thrown into the mix

Do you have an offspec, and do you have gear for it: Offspec is Frost, with no exclusive frost gear

Character tradeskill professions and levels: Enchanting 525 and Tailoring 525

Can you use vent, do you have a mic: Yes to mic, am use to using TS but can swap

How long have you been playing, and at 85 (use /played in-game): 86 days and 17 days according to in game stats, however i have been playing since beta and then took a 3 year break, returned towards the end of WOTLK and have been playing ever since

Raid experience
Classic: limited to a couple of molten core runs
TBC: none
WotLK: Some icc
Cata: 4/6 BD and 2/4 BOT BH 1/1 Started raiding at the end of Wrath and have continued into Cata

Will you be able to attend the raids (answer yes, no or maybe):
Monday 20.15-23.00: depends on shifts
Tuesday 20.15-23.00: as above
Thursday 20.15-23.00: as above
I work shifts and thus dont know exactly when i can and cannot attend until a week in advance

Make sure to give us an armory link using the armory button above inserting your character name between the tags (please log off in your PvE gear): http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... lan/simple

What sets you aside from other applicants: A more mature attitude maybe :D i am way over 18!, i have been playing for years and have good experience and dare i say actually enjoy playing within a formal team structure, i consider myself polite and enjoy helping others within game

Previous guild(s): The Shattered Heart, Devils Backbone, Mothers Finest.....i dont tend to switch and swap too much, i left The Backbone to join MF as they were VERY old friends from the days of Beta, the shattered heart are i believe somewhat legendary in the annals of Azeroth and dont need too much introduction.

Reason(s) why you left previous guild(s): TSH self destructed in a blaze of glory, MF suffered the same fate of many smaller friend based guilds, we became too insular and in the end we didnt have enough players for a regular raid team and regretfully called it a day.

Reasons why you would like to join: I was previously a member and have great memories of a friendly knowledgeable and active guild i am looking for a larger guild after having been in a smaller one for the last 8 months

Were all of the above characters levelled by you from the start?: ALL my characters are levelled by myself

Any alts you would like to join with: lets see how this one gets on, maybe my old old former main Skindancer the rogue

Are there any people in the guild that you know: The name that springs to mind is cheekybelle :)
aslan

Re: Aslan - Fire Mage

Postby Cheekybelle on Fri May 06, 2011 7:36 pm

You! I remember you ;)

Good to see you, Aslan :) And good luck with your app!
It's a lot like nuts and bolts - if the rider's nuts, the horse bolts! ~Nicholas Evans
Cheekybelle
Officer

Postby Mayen on Fri May 06, 2011 8:08 pm

Nice to see a familiar face. I'll do what I normally wouldn't and share my thoughts so that you too can see them.

So yeah I quickly looked at you on armory and here's my notes; (and by quickly I mean that there may well be things I missed as well)
- Haste is (sadly if you ask me) still superior to crit, which isn't reflected by your reforging and gems
- You should have glyph of molten armor; for typical encounters the one you'll want to replace is living bomb
- Polymorph is also a good major glyph just to allow recovering from an accident, not a big deal anyway
- Some wrong gems, you should never use 40 rating gems, 20 intellect + 20 rating there would be better
- Similarily Burning Shadowspirit Diamond is the best meta gem, chaotic isn't bad either though, just not ideal
- There's a couple of items you could still reforge to get at least closer to hit cap

On the plus side, gear is pretty nice, enchants on everything, you generally seem to know when going for a socket bonus is worth it and when not.

All in all not bad, most of the things on the list aren't a big deal.
Main Mayen, supported by Seraia
Alts Amya, Elaria, Coria, Dahlia, Aycera, Yenacal, Velonea
Mayen
Officer, Forum Admin

Postby Toad on Fri May 06, 2011 8:52 pm

Good luck with your app, oh so mighty lion!
Toäd
Toad

Postby aslan on Sat May 07, 2011 12:45 am

Hi There

Flattered that you remember me :o
Thanks for the feedback, as it happens i DID log out with wrong gear, since i haven't raided for a while i have been messing around with differing combos i have 2 alternate sets that i have been using one pre patch and one post, followed your advice on some gemming issues, glyph placement and replaced the diamond

This is the weapon steup i have been using for MF's raids along with some recommended changes, please not hit cap breached
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... lan/simple

Anyway thanks for prompt replies and i wait with baited breath for the decision, cheers all

Aslan
aslan

Postby Dris on Sat May 07, 2011 12:41 pm

hi aslan - ofc we remember you; once a bwner, always a bwner!

we'll be delighted to offer you a trial raid spot, but consider your guild-app a given - be in touch in-game soon

d
Dris
The Big Boner

Return to Joining the Backbone