Zóc Resto Druid

Think you've got what it takes to join The Devils Backbone? Post your details in here and we'll get back to you

Moderators: Drexx, Løyning

Zóc Resto Druid

Postby Zocress on Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:01 am

Character name: Zóc

Character class: Druid

Character level: 85

Character spec; please explain why you chose this spec: My primary spec is restoration; I chose this because of my interest in try healing. I’ve tried playing the role as DPS and the role as Tank through Wrath of the Lich King. After healing from level 15-85 I decided to keep this as my primary spec. My secondary spec is Balance; I chose balance instead of feral because I thought that the cat form was quite boring after played a Rogue to level 67 I got tired of that.

Which glyphs are you using, and why: First I want to say, that I discussed my talent points and glyphs with a friend of mine. But for my primary spec I chose Glyph of Swiftmend, I chose this because Rejuvenation is a mana eater in these days. So I normally keep Rejuvenation on the tank, and never on DPS. So with Glyph of Swiftmend I can use Swiftmend for all characters without my Rejuvenation or Regrowth. I’m using Glyph of Rejuvenation for improving the healing I’m stacking on tank, making it easier to keep him alive. I’m using Glyph of Lifebloom for, again, increasing the healing that I’m stacking on the tank. And now for Major Glyphs, here I picked Glyph of Healing Touch. With this I can use my Nature’s Swiftness more often so I can skip a lot of casting time during a tough battle. I chose Glyph of Wild Growth so I can heal one more with my Wild Growth which is important with all the AoE damage that’s all over Cataclysm. I got Glyph of Rebirth, so if someone dies, I can resurrect them with full health. This makes it lots easier for me to heal other targets while ressing a dead ally, cause I don’t have to heal him up after the resurrection. And another bonus with this is, that the ressed player isn’t dying instantly if any AoE attack is incoming right after he went back to life. I chose Glyph of Unburdened Rebirth, so I don’t have to think of reagents for my rebirth. I chose Glyph of Mark of the Wild, this is just for less mana use when buffing. And as the last glyph, I chose Glyph of Dash. I thought that speed is always useful, and with this one my Dash won’t be at cooldown for a long time.

What do you think is important for your character to focus on: As healer I think it’s important to keep your team alive. For doing this, I might focus on stacking healing as Lifebloom and Rejuvenation on our tank and try to keep my instant heals for the hard parts. Also it’s important to try safe your mana, this can be done by focusing on which spells you use for healing. For an example Nurish is a great and cheap heal when there’s no one losing too much health. It’s also important to think of keeping the most dangerous debuffs off each team mate. Of course it’s important to focus on being at the right spot at the right time, not to get out of range and stay out of damaging AoE.

Do you have an off spec, and do you have gear for it: Yes, of course I got an off spec. As mentioned earlier in this application I’m Balance for my secondary spec. But well, at the moment I’m not geared for this. I only make about 6,5-6,7k DPS in 5-man Heroic.

Character trade skill professions and levels: Well, I’m not high leveled in any profession. My only professions are Enchanting at level 245 and Archaeology at 181. I don’t have a Secondary Profession. I might train my Enchanting later.

In The Devils Backbone we use Ventrillo. Can you use it, do you have a microphone for speaking: Yes I’ve been using Ventrillo before, I’ve also been using Skype, TeamSpeak and Mumble. So this kind of programs I’m quite “well known” with. And yes, I got a microphone for speaking, I’m wearing a Siberia Full-Size Headset (Version 2).

How long have you been playing, and at 80 (use /played in-game): Well I haven’t been playing for myself in Vanilla, I was leveling some of my brothers characters back then. I was playing on a rogue during The Burning Crusade, but never reached level 70 before Wrath of the Lich King got released. So I started a Death Knight, and played that during Wrath of the Lich King. A month before Cataclysm I started out with a Druid and leveled it for starting in Cataclysm the day I got it at Christmas.

Raid experience
Classic: I’ve never raided in Vanilla, actually never had my own account during this period.
TBC: As mentioned before, I never reached level 70 before Wrath of the Lich King got released. So I never started raiding here.
WotLK: Here I was gearing up for raid, farming heroics and justice points etc. But problems with finding a raid guild and such things stopped me from start raiding in Wrath of the Lich King. So well, I’ve never raided before. But I want to start now, and you’re going to start somewhere. So I was hoping this guild could help me to start raiding.

Will you be able to attend the raids (answer yes, no or maybe):
Monday 20.15-23.00: In this time period I’ll be available.
Tuesday 20.15-23.00: In this time period I’ll be available.
Thursday 20.15-23.00: In this time period I might be available, but it will sure don’t be each Thursday.

Make sure to give us an armory link (please log off in your PvE gear):
[url]http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/turalyon/zóc/simple[/url]
And well, I know this isn’t gear that’s good enough for raiding. But I’m working on it. Also my gear isn’t enchanted, but I’ll explain it with I’m waiting to enchant it until I’m ready for raids. I don’t want to waste money on enchanting some gear that I’m going to throw out soon.

What sets you aside from other applicants: That this whole text, isn’t just letters and words. It’s the truth, without any lies. I’m aside from other applicants because I’m speaking the truth about my experience. I know that you can get a lot of skilled players that played since vanilla. But this is a chance to get some new flesh into the game and into your raids. And I hope when I’m speaking the truth of my experience, that you’ll help me out and get started with raiding. Because if I can’t start here, where or when can I start?

Previous guild(s): Well there isn’t a long list of guilds, right now I’m a part of Blood Honor which is a friendly, but not quite raid and heroic active guild. Other guilds, isn’t even worth to mention. I’ve never been into a real raid guild.

Reason(s) why you left previous guild(s): Well I’m leaving it, because this isn’t the place where I can learn how to raid. So I hope that this guild and you guys can help me on my way.

Reasons why you would like to join: Because I need a raid guild, which can teach me how to raid so I can get started.

Were all of the above characters leveled by you from the start?: From start to the end, no one else has played my characters.

Any alts you would like to join with: Not at the moment, but I might start an alt later.

Are there any people in the guild that you know: Sobor is the only one I know in this guild.

-Zocress
Zocress

Re: Zóc Resto Druid

Postby Mayen on Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:30 am

Thanks for your application, you will be contacted soon, most likely within a couple of days.

On a personal note, a well written application like that, where it shows you put effort into it, really does give a good first impression.
Main Mayen, supported by Seraia
Alts Amya, Elaria, Coria, Dahlia, Aycera, Yenacal, Velonea
Mayen
Officer, Forum Admin

Postby Zocress on Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:43 am

Thank you, I'll be looking forward to get an answer. :)
Zocress

Postby Sobor on Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:06 am

That was indeed a very well written application!

Good luck to you, mate! :)
Sobor

Postby Zocress on Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:09 am

Thank you Sobor :)
Zocress

Postby Highbred on Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:21 pm

Nice app, just thought I’d add a bit to help out with regards to enchants. As there are lots of people levelling enchanting at the moment you can find enchants for 5-10g on the auction house, just search by price under the search “enchant” and you will see all the scrolls, if it lists as can only be applied to level 300 and above then it is a cataclysm enchant, it may not be the best enchant for your spec but there are lots of cheap enchants with general use to your overall class. (I picked up a 50 haste enchant for a mere 3g last night)
Item enchants are often the stat difference of a full item upgrade from 333/325 to 346, they should never be ignored for many reasons. For the cost of killing 15 mobs in 80-85 areas it would be looney to not use them because you’re waiting for something better, it can only make what you have better and therefore shows other people you are trying your very best in everything you do in wow.

Just my 2 pennies worth, good luck with your application

Highbred
Main:
Highbred - Death Knight (80)
Class Officer

Army of the Dead - Who's up for a game of dragon roulette?
Highbred
Officer

Postby Zocress on Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:49 pm

Thank you very much Highbred, thanks the advice. I'll try find some cheap enchantes for my gear for sure! :D
Zocress

Postby Dris on Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:29 am

zoc, nice app, as everyone has said - i'd be delighted to offer you a trial spot in TB. one of the officers will grab you shortly for a trial, and when my late working gets back to normal later this week i'll look forward to meeting you in-game

d
Dris
The Big Boner

Postby Zocress on Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:50 am

Thanks! :)

Well, I'll look forward to be contacted of an officer. But I might not be online today, cause I'm sick today.. I'll stay in my bed I guess :P

But tomorrow I'll be online agan. :)!
Zocress

Postby Sobor on Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:21 pm

Zocress wrote:Thanks! :)

Well, I'll look forward to be contacted of an officer. But I might not be online today, cause I'm sick today.. I'll stay in my bed I guess :P

But tomorrow I'll be online agan. :)!

Whenever I call in sick, I do it because I'd rather play wow, not lay in bed... :roll:
Sobor

Postby Zocress on Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:00 am

Hehe :lol:
Zocress

Return to Joining the Backbone