Kanati - SV Hunter (and a few others ^^)

Think you've got what it takes to join The Devils Backbone? Post your details in here and we'll get back to you

Moderators: Drexx, Løyning

Kanati - SV Hunter (and a few others ^^)

Postby Kanati on Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:58 pm

Character name: Kanati

Character class: Hunter

Character level: 85

Character spec, please explain why you chose this spec:
Early Vanilla days I loved BM, but that became a little undervalued over time, so having tried and disliked MM I went SV some 3 years ago or so and loved it ever since. It gives good burst damage, some excellent elemental damage across the board with Mastery. More currently it improves traps which, thankfully, are needed more for cc again. It also has a rotation that you need to keep a close eye on, so it never seems boring to me.

Which glyphs are you using, and why:
PRIME: Explosive Shot – regains some of the crit chance that was taken from the shot a few patches ago when we were considered "overpowered" oO. Serpent Sting – more crit on its ticks and since it is a shot that is or should always be on the target its a nice addition. Kill Shot – kinda like giving an extra Kill Shot if the target doesn’t die.
MAJOR: Immolation Trap – loses a little duration, but the damage it adds when multi-targeting more than compensates for that. Snake Trap – again its one I use frequently and the longer they survive the better – as well as SV spec giving more snakes per trap, it adds up nicely on the dps and ofc Disengage Glyph helps keep me out of trouble.
MINOR: Not that many to choose from, but Mend Pet – happier pet gives more dps. Feign Death – more often I can do this, the more I can help healers with damage or occasional overaggro situations. Aspect of the Pack – more of a filler, but I try to think of others plodding alongside me when returning from a wipe ;)

What do you think is important for your character to focus on:
Most definitely the rotation as and when the right shots are available. Balancing focus is a challenge, but I think (hope) I am just about there with regards to this and the effect on the rotation. If I miss a chance at Explosive Shot, for example, then my dps can suffer.
Also it is very important for a Hunter to be fully aware of their surroundings. Too far ranged and I could be out of healer’s range or likely to pull another group. Too close and naturally I cannot shoot anything. I also keep an eye on healers (or other members) if I can in case a mob targets them and I try to get it MD’d back to the tank asap or at least try to trap it or kite it away from the healer. We may be a dps class, but we also have an array of other goodies at our disposal and I think it is important for Hunters not to simply think they should stand still and pew pew.

Do you have an offspec, and do you have gear for it: I have BM as my offspec, I use the same gear at the moment for it.

Character tradeskill professions and levels: Enchanting 525 and Jewelcrafting 514

In The Devils Backbone we use Ventrillo. Can you use it, do you have a microphone for speaking: yep to both – would just need to download it ready.

How long have you been playing, and at 80 (use /played in-game):167 days, 14 hours total and 7days 18 hours @ 85.

Raid experience
Classic: ZG; MC; AQ20 – all cleared
TBC: SSC, Karazhan, ZA, TK, BT and MH – all cleared
WotLK: Naxx, Ulduar, ICC10 and 25, ToC – all cleared

Will you be able to attend the raids (answer yes, no or maybe):
Monday 20.15-23.00: yes
Tuesday 20.15-23.00: yes
Thursday 20.15-23.00: yes

Make sure to give us an armory link (please log off in your PvE gear): http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... ati/simple

(hope that's right)

Also, make sure to have your gear enchanted. Under geared people may still get accepted if they take the effort to enchant their gear properly. Conversely, well geared people with no enchants will be turned down.

What sets you aside from other applicants: I have an approachable, helpful and polite nature – whether that sets me aside or not I don’t know, but I do make a mean brownie or two, so maybe that could be a plus in my favour?

Previous guild(s): Vision, NiD, Order of the BlackRose, Wasted, Order of Elune, The Phoenix Reborn, Seven

Reason(s) why you left previous guild(s):
Various: Lack or halt on raiding and progress or guild splitting because of it (Order of Elune, NiD, The Phoenix Reborn, Seven), Ill-health and not being able to keep the raiding requirements as a result (Wasted), returning to friends to try and make our own Guild work (Vision). All amicable as far as I am concerned and aware :)

Reasons why you would like to join:
You have a guild that I remember the name from Vanilla days. That means security to me and that is what I want. I would like a place to call home for the rest of my WoW days and also you have raiding times that suit myself as well as good and steady progression through previous content, so I would like to be able to experience that with you.
Finally having spoken to Dristan, if he is anything to go by when reflecting other people in your guild, it seems TDB is friendly, approachable and welcoming, again something that I would love to be a part of.

Were all of the above characters levelled by you from the start?:
Oooh yes – and I have the scars (physical and mental) to prove it ;)

Any alts you would like to join with:
none that I play as much as I used to, I believe in focusing on the main character until it is as far as it can go. But if possible it would be nice to have some alts with you, just to keep in touch when I fancy some time off my main :)

Are there any people in the guild that you know:
Don’t think I know anyone personally in there, I have only spoken with Dristan so far.

Save the Earth! Its the only planet with chocolate.
Kanati

Location: You're kidding right? Have you SEEN my map reading skills?

Re: Kanati - SV Hunter (and a few others ^^)

Postby Kanati on Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:02 pm

Just wanted to add a thank you for the consideration given to this application and from the others who would like to join with me, Dristig, Pretto, Jiera

I imagine they will be invading your forums soon enough :D

Kanati

Postby Cheekybelle on Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:32 pm

Thanks for the app, as I understand it, we'll soon see you 'in the green' :mrgreen:
It's a lot like nuts and bolts - if the rider's nuts, the horse bolts! ~Nicholas Evans
Cheekybelle
Officer

Postby Toad on Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:15 am

Finally having spoken to Dristan, if he is anything to go by when reflecting other people in your guild, it seems TDB is friendly, approachable and welcoming, again something that I would love to be a part of.

If you've only spoken to Dristan, I think you will be pleasantly surprised when you meet the rest of the bunch ;)

Kidding aside. Good luck :D
Toäd
Toad

Postby Dris on Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:06 pm

Toad wrote:

If you've only spoken to Dristan, I think you will be pleasantly surprised when you meet the rest of the bunch ;)

Kidding aside. Good luck :D

see, it's for stuff like this that we keep you locked in your cage.

d
Dris
The Big Boner

Postby Toad on Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:47 pm

Toad did bad? ... :<
Toäd
Toad

Postby Yuusha on Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:18 pm

Toad wrote:Toad did bad? ... :<

*shoves Toad back into his cage*

BAD mage, BAD! .. <3

Oh and hi there Kanati! (and Dristig, Pretto & Jiera)
"Survival of the fittest: The kid who swallows too many marbles won't grow up to have kids of his own." - © George Carlin
Yuusha
Officer

Postby Kanati on Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:12 pm

hi there Yuusha and thanks peeps - this is starting to look a lot like home already :lol:

just to let you know, the others aren't slacking too much (honest ;) ), they're just waiting for access to attach their appns as well ^^

Kanati

Postby Gwath on Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:02 pm

Kanati wrote:just to let you know, the others aren't slacking too much (honest ;) ), they're just waiting for access to attach their appns as well ^^

Hi Kanati, I've spoken with Jiera yesterday and I said that since this is a package deal that one application would suffice. However, the others are certainly free to write on should they feel the need to write their own app :)
Gwath
Officer

Postby Pretto on Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:12 pm

And here i am! :)

What can i tell you about me. Been playing since week 2 of original wow release (with a few breaks since).
Rerolled from this priest to shamy/rogue in TBC, but wanted to try out my lovelly priest again.

Raid experience:
Vanilla: Everything up to 4H in Naxx.
TBC: Everything up to Sunwell.
Wotlk: Almost everything :)

What else can i tell you... Only played in 5 guilds. Notorious (Frostmane) in vanilla. Changed to Memento Mori (Frostmane) in TBC (top5 Europe back then).
Transfered my chars to Turalyon to play with some IRL friends (incl. Dristig). And since then i've only played in Order of the Blackrose and now for 3 weeks in Twisted Ending.

Feel free to whisper me ingame if you want to know anything else!

PS: My main specc is holy/disc but can ofc go shadow if its needed, got about the same ilvl on both gears.
Pretto

Postby jiera on Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:07 pm

Haii

Just a few notes on myself before i bore you.

Character : Jiera
Level : Lvl 85 feral (kitty) /resto
Time played this level : 6D- 21Hr

Raid Experience:

Started back in vanilla when i was quite a noobish player, ie i thought i was winning a mob fight when a fellow wow player pointed out i was mining... well i did get loot!
Did AQ- Zg- Bwl
TBC- Naxx through to sunwell (never had a real go at sunwell)
Wrath- all content up to 9-12 hc ICC
Cata- Eagerly awaiting !

What to say about me...

Hmm lets see. I have been playing this game for 6years through all the highs and lows. I find that druid is my class of choice with Kitty suiting my playstyle much more than anything else. I suppose I am my own harshest critic, i always strive to be the best at what i do and look to improve on anything i can.I get parried by mushrooms alot in game for some reason as Dris will support. I sell Trees for a living IRL, which ofc is a glamerous and exciting profession, much more than it sounds if you can believe it. i live with a manicly depressed cat, and a dog who when i tell to roll over, It gives me the *look* ie do it yourself if your that bothered. Oh and Kanati who is my Gf, spose i better mention that somewhere right?

Im not sure I know anyone in your guild, but with someone named toad already writing on this application, im sure ill fit in just nicely.

thanks and stuff ...Jay
jiera

Postby Drexx on Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:40 pm

I get parried by mushrooms alot in game for some reason as Dris will support.
This will get confusing ;)
Will tank for food.
Drexx
Officer

Postby Dris on Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:48 pm

Drexx wrote:
I get parried by mushrooms alot in game for some reason as Dris will support.
This will get confusing ;)

i like to live on the edge ;)

d
Dris
The Big Boner

Postby Løyning on Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:24 pm

Nice application! Good luck ;)
Recruitment monkey!
Løyning
Officer

Postby Toad on Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:19 am

Im not sure I know anyone in your guild, but with someone named toad already writing on this application, im sure ill fit in just nicely.

I must warn you they're not all as awesome as I am... /h5!
Toäd
Toad

Next

Return to Joining the Backbone