Varimina - Disc Priest

Think you've got what it takes to join The Devils Backbone? Post your details in here and we'll get back to you

Moderators: Drexx, Løyning

Varimina - Disc Priest

Postby Varimina on Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:22 pm

Character name:
Varimina

Character class:
Priest

Character level:

Character spec, please explain why you chose this spec:
Disc - I've always enjoyed healing and the responsibilities that come with it. I was holy in BC then tried Disc more when it became more suitable with raiding. I love Disc and prefer it to Holy what with the mitigation un'all but I still enjoy Holy so I'm happy to take that as a second spec.

Which glyphs are you using, and why:
Penance, Power Word:Shield and Flash Heal. These are hopefully self explanatory - I use Penance in my rotation (if you can even say healers have rotations...), the initial heal from PWS Glyph is very nice and who wouldnt want a reduced cost of mana for FH :o)

What do you think is important for your character to focus on:
In terms of stats? SP > INT > Mp5. As Disc Priests don't get as much from Spr as Holy, its not as much of a priority however its still nice. I do like to mix up my socketing and gemming unlike those people that hear Spellpower is good for a caster so only go for that, same for Strength for a Pala/War/DK etc.

Do you have an offspec, and do you have gear for it:
I have Shadow currently for when I'm bored and want to do quests but I'm happy to swap to Holy if needed.

Character tradeskill professions and levels:
Ench and Tailoring. Ench is maxed, Tailoring is 437.

In The Devils Backbone we use Ventrillo. Can you use it, do you have a microphone for speaking:
Yes and yes. Sometimes I'm not much of a talkative person on Vent unless I really know everyone.

How long have you been playing, and at 80 (use /played in-game):
94 days, 18 hours.

Raid experience
Classic: I use to play my Rogue which I did ZG, Ony, AQ20 and BWL - didnt touch Naxx and AQ40 unfortuantely.
TBC: Everything apart from Sunwell on my Priest. I did the 25 mans for a few months a few times a week which explains why I'm not exalted with the corrosponding factions.
WotLK: I did all raids up to ToTC and including then quit about a month after it came out until this week. I raided mostly on my Warrior as that was what my guild wanted me for (I'll armoury link later in the app). I've no experience with the IIC fights but obviously if you want me for raids I'll read/watch tactics before I come so I'm as prepared as I can be.

Will you be able to attend the raids (answer yes, no or maybe):
Monday 20.15-23.00: Maybe
Tuesday 20.15-23.00: Yes
Thursday 20.15-23.00: Yes

I go out during the week sometimes with friends and Monday nights is usually the night I do but its not every week - if I know you need me then I'll make myself free.

Make sure to give us an armory link (please log off in your PvE gear):
Priest:
http://armory.wow-europe.com/character- ... n=Varimina

Warrior:
http://armory.wow-europe.com/character- ... n=Maybrick

I have most my achievements on my Warrior so hopefully that'll prove I have a few brain cells :o)

Also, make sure to have your gear enchanted. Under geared people may still get accepted if they take the effort to enchant their gear properly. Conversely, well geared people with no enchants will be turned down.

What sets you aside from other applicants:

Previous guild(s): Kings Cross

Reason(s) why you left previous guild(s): Was a guild of a load of closs IRL mates I met at college, we all made a guild and were one of the best on our server but we got a bit bored of the game as things werent as challenging, the server we were on (Frostmane) was full of fags so we all quit. I migrated back to Tura as I know Torturon and it was my original server.

Reasons why you would like to join: I know Torturon IRL - he recommended me to join.

Were all of the above characters levelled by you from the start?: By me and my sweaty Korean lover. In all seriousness I levelled them myself.

Any alts you would like to join with: I have a DK called Rhodana on the same server which would be cool.

Are there any people in the guild that you know: Torturon
Born to bleed, fighting to suceed, built to endure what this world throws at me.
Varimina

Re: Varimina - Disc Priest

Postby Highbred on Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:48 pm

Hi, thanks for your app. We won't hold you being friends with trotter again we promise. Grab Cheekybelle online if you see her over the weekend for a chat as our priesty officer.

Hopefully someone should get back to you soon as alot of people are off playing Starcraft 2 this weekend so you might get a slow response... (lazy arses).

Cheers,

Highbred
Main:
Highbred - Death Knight (80)
Class Officer

Army of the Dead - Who's up for a game of dragon roulette?
Highbred
Officer

Postby Torturon on Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:55 pm

Highbred wrote:Hi, thanks for your app. We won't hold you being friends with trotter again we promise. Grab Cheekybelle online if you see her over the weekend for a chat as our priesty officer.

Hopefully someone should get back to you soon as alot of people are off playing Starcraft 2 this weekend so you might get a slow response... (lazy arses).

Cheers,

Highbred

Oi :(
]Image[/URL]
Torturon

Postby Dris on Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:05 pm

thanks for the app varimina 8)

d
Dris
The Big Boner

Postby Cheekybelle on Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:58 pm

Aye, thanks for the app. Priest army? What priest army? :mrgreen:

Feel free to tap me when I'm on :)
It's a lot like nuts and bolts - if the rider's nuts, the horse bolts! ~Nicholas Evans
Cheekybelle
Officer

Postby Hawksun on Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:20 pm

I didn't know there are gay-only servers? Is that a RP server?
Hawksun

Postby Saikano on Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:15 pm

At least everyone must looks fabulous there!
Saikano
Officer

Postby Dris on Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:21 pm

Saikano wrote:At least everyone must looks fabulous there!

if they don't, their interiors do.

very good with colours, so i understand...

d
Dris
The Big Boner

Return to Joining the Backbone