WinkyT : Fury DPS

Think you've got what it takes to join The Devils Backbone? Post your details in here and we'll get back to you

Moderators: Drexx, Løyning

WinkyT : Fury DPS

Postby winkyt on Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:10 pm

Character name: Winkyt

Character class: Human

Character level: 80

Character spec, please explain why you chose this spec:
Fury/Protection. Tanks seem to be in short supply for things like PuGs and daily randoms, but when it comes to guilds most (decent) seem to have a long standing base of tanks they run with so getting in is pretty hard. Because of this I have switched to Fury as my main spec now. I am new to raiding as a dps warrior but can hold my own and usually come in the top5 dps during 25m PuGs

Which glyphs are you using, and why:
Major:
Bloodthirst, one of my most spamed abilities so up the self healing!
Whirlwind, reduce the cooldown = more dps. Cleave, hit and extra mob = more dps = me happy!
Minor:
Ballte, Bloodrage and Enduring Victory. All are to make it a wee bit easier with remembering to keep buffs up, buy reagents and alows me a some more time to get my Victory Rush off!
I may change Battle glyph if we are consistently running with a pala who uses BoM

What do you think is important for your character to focus on:
At the moment, movement is very impotent as a mellee dps, better moment means more dps and less standing in fire lol

Do you have an offspec, and do you have gear for it:
Protection, and yes i have the gear... infact, it prob better then my dps gear o.O

Character tradeskill professions and levels:
450 JC, 450 Mining. Both were to help out with my protection spec but seem to work well with my dps set up so as of now ill keep with them

In The Devils Backbone we use Ventrillo. Can you use it, do you have a microphone for speaking:
Yes and yes, but sometimes i have to mute it while im cybering with Snelluk;s mum! :lol:

How long have you been playing, and at 80 (use /played in-game):
way to long.... 82days/27days at lvl 80

Raid experience
Classic: ZG, UBRS
TBC: Kara, TK, SSC
WotLK: Ony, OS, TotC, ICC (up to 7-8)

Will you be able to attend the raids (answer yes, no or maybe):
Monday 20.15-23.00: Yes
Tuesday 20.15-23.00: Yes
Thursday 20.15-23.00: Yes

Make sure to give us an armory link (please log off in your PvE gear):
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Turalyon&cn=Winkyt

Also, make sure to have your gear enchanted. Under geared people may still get accepted if they take the effort to enchant their gear properly. Conversely, well geared people with no enchants will be turned down.

What sets you aside from other applicants:
Nothing rly. I assume other ppl applying to the guild want a friendly guild atmosphere along end game raiding and the chance to meet up for wow style piss ups!

Previous guild(s):Circle of Hope (now called Chapter II), Soul Assassins, Faceroll

Reason(s) why you left previous guild(s):
I quite Circle of Hope back in TBC after a fall out with a guild member, I left SA as there was no progression and i was only there due to some old players i knew. Faceroll disbanded after the GM rage quite the guild!

Reasons why you would like to join:
I dont have the time for full on hardcore 7 nights a week raiding plus i know to of ur members IRL. SnellUK and Talantio

Were all of the above characters levelled by you from the start?: Yes

Any alts you would like to join with: I have many alts but as of now ill just bring my Main and see how we go. I have been busy lvl a restro shammi that may well become to 2ic so maybe that can get an invite at some point if im excepted

Thank you for ur time looking over my app and hope to heal back in the near future!

PS Snell likes to sing along to Boyzone secretly in his car!
winkyt

Re: WinkyT : Fury DPS

Postby Dris on Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:40 pm

hi winky

thanks for the app - we're not actively recruiting raid spots for melee dps at the moment, but as you're a friend of snell and tal we'd be happy to have you in on a social/casual basis (which will mean you can attend non-progression 25s, 10 and 5mans with the guild). we can offer you this without a trial, but if in the future a spot does arise for a melee dps we will trial you from that point.

contact drexx or myself for a ginvite, and welcome to the backbone 8)

d
Dris
The Big Boner

Postby Highbred on Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:11 pm

A friend of Tal and Snell???? I personally would have tried to keep that quiet!

Welcome.
Main:
Highbred - Death Knight (80)
Class Officer

Army of the Dead - Who's up for a game of dragon roulette?
Highbred
Officer

Postby Drexx on Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:14 pm

Yes and yes, but sometimes i have to mute it while im cybering with Snelluk;s mum! :lol:

I may have spat my drink all over the keyboard :P
Will tank for food.
Drexx
Officer

Postby Dris on Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:14 pm

Highbred wrote:A friend of Tal and Snell???? I personally would have tried to keep that quiet!

Welcome.

but think of the stories he can tell!

/thinks of the stories...

/afraid

d
Dris
The Big Boner

Postby winkyt on Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:58 pm

well if ur after ranged dps i do have a gun or some throwing knifes!... think about it.

i would love to be able to raid as part of ur main team and was under the impression u needed mellee dps but i guess not ;p
so long as i get so do more then the normal PuG 4-6 ICC bosses thats fine ;)

and yes i did wonder if saying that i new 'them' was a good idea o.O but im not as bad.... honest ^^

/wink
winkyt

Postby snellinguk on Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:42 pm

this guy is on more then you drexx deffo worth giving him a shot as he would do all raids bad thing about him is he cant handle his drink and starts to get upset :)
snellinguk

Postby snellinguk on Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:44 pm

ps just seen that thing about my mother !She better not be doing guvvey jobs and not paying me my pimp money :(
snellinguk

Return to Joining the Backbone