Daeni, Tank application

Think you've got what it takes to join The Devils Backbone? Post your details in here and we'll get back to you

Moderators: Drexx, Løyning

Daeni, Tank application

Postby Daeni on Tue May 18, 2010 12:07 pm

Character name: Daeni

Character class: Death Knight

Character level: 80

Character spec, please explain why you chose this spec:
Blood and Frost Tank. Tanking requires single target and AOE specialization. Blood fits the bill for single target and Frost works out nicely for picking up the packs. Additionally Blood has the added benefit of extra self healing. I switch specs depending on the encounter. Frost is the default as it gives me the most buttons to salvage situations with many mobs.

Which glyphs are you using, and why:
Minor glyphs for both specs: Glyph of Pestilence, Glyph of Horn of Winter, Glyph of Raise Dead to ease play and not worry as much about timers, ingredients, etc ...
Frost major glyphs: Glyph of Howling Blast, Glyph of Rune Strike, Glyph of Obliterate to increase AOE and single target threat
Blood major glyphs: Glyph of Vampiric Blood, Glyph of Death Strike, Glyph of Rune Strike to increase single target threat and survivability

What do you think is important for your character to focus on:
Tanking requires a good overview of the battle and knowledge of tactics for a boss. I am decent at it, but I want to get to the point where I catch that mistake, for example an unplanned pull by a player, as it happens and help salvage the situation. I have played DPS extensively in vanilla, healed extensively in TLK, but tanking is what gets the heart pumping as, at least for me, it is the most challenging role to perfect.

Do you have an offspec, and do you have gear for it:
I have two tank specs. See the Character spec section. I do have gear for it.

Character tradeskill professions and levels:
Mining and Jewelcrafting, respectively 450 and 455. Both professions are chosen to be able to effectively stack stamina. The mining profession bonus gives +60 stam, while the Jewelcrafting gems give an extra 63 stamina.

In The Devils Backbone we use Ventrillo. Can you use it, do you have a microphone for speaking:
Yes and yes.

How long have you been playing, and at 80 (use /played in-game):
9 days 14 hours, and 5 days 5 hours respectively.

Raid experience
Classic: Molten Core, UBRS, as DPS, fading into memory
TBC: Kara as DPS
WotLK: TOTC, ICC, and as required for weekly, as healer and tank

Will you be able to attend the raids (answer yes, no or maybe):
Monday 20.15-23.00: yes
Tuesday 20.15-23.00: yes, but not for the first 4 weeks as I am solely responsible for the kids then
Thursday 20.15-23.00: yes

Make sure to give us an armory link (please log off in your PvE gear):
http://armory.wow-europe.com/character- ... n&cn=Daeni

Also, make sure to have your gear enchanted. Under geared people may still get accepted if they take the effort to enchant their gear properly. Conversely, well geared people with no enchants may be turned down, or told to enchant their gear ASAP before raids.
My gear is enchanted/gemmed to the best of my knowledge/class forum discussion/elitist jerks/profession etc .. tips for improvement are welcome.

What sets you aside from other applicants:
As most other applicants, I hope, I am dedicated and know my class and role as tank. I study a new encounter on tankspot and youtube so as too avoid the easy mistakes. I listen to the raid leader, and aim to implement the given strategy. I am a friendly, easy going person. On top of that I know a lot of, mostly dirty, jokes and am always interested in learning new ones.

Previous guild(s):
Always been guildless on this char.

Reasons why you would like to join:
I have run into The Devil's Backbone 4 or 5 times on my previous main (Aeni, Resto Shaman, retired) and liked the people and the runs. Løyning has been pestering me since to join up :) I would really like to down the LK at some point, and this guild will get there in a friendly fashion, and I would like to help in that effort.

Were all of the above characters levelled by you from the start?:
yes

Any alts you would like to join with:
none

Are there any people in the guild that you know:
Løyning is my main contact with The Devil's Backbone. He has been pushing me to join the guild on my previous main, and I was careless enough to let him know what char I am playing now :)
Daeni

Re: Daeni, Tank application

Postby Highbred on Tue May 18, 2010 1:35 pm

Hi, thanks for your application. I will take a look through everything this afternoon when I get a few free minutes.

Highbred
Main:
Highbred - Death Knight (80)
Class Officer

Army of the Dead - Who's up for a game of dragon roulette?
Highbred
Officer

Postby Dris on Tue May 18, 2010 3:22 pm

nice app dae, thanks; if your dirty jokes are of a higher calibre than high's, i'm happy 8)

d
Dris
The Big Boner

Postby Highbred on Tue May 18, 2010 5:16 pm

Application all looks cool, as we currently have a few tanks who are away and not regularly signing we would definately be looking for a tank to fill the gap, there may be times where we do have enough tanks signed so having a DPS offspec will greatly increase your utility to the raid and guild overall. If you can catch me online tonight or tomorrow (if possible when not raiding) we can talk about sorting a trial for you.
Oh, and I'm the king of inappropriate jokes (both content and timing)! lol
Main:
Class Officer

Highbred
Officer

Postby Løyning on Tue May 18, 2010 8:47 pm

Best App I've read on these forums, good luck! 8-)
Løyning
Officer

Postby Highbred on Wed May 19, 2010 11:33 am

You've read all the old apps on the forum?? You really need to get out more Loyd!
Main:
Class Officer

Highbred
Officer

Postby Yuusha on Wed May 19, 2010 4:10 pm

Hah, well atleast it beats hanging around engrishfunny / icanhazcheesburger / failblog / the likes ;)

Nice app by the way Daeni (Ooooh Danih's gonna hate your name, but that's okay since we call him V ^^)
"Survival of the fittest: The kid who swallows too many marbles won't grow up to have kids of his own." - © George Carlin
Yuusha
Officer

Postby Morollan on Mon May 24, 2010 1:20 pm

Løyning wrote:Best App I've read on these forums

You go work mine?
Players may blunder through dialog with shocking ineptitude, forget the name of the country they are in, or get confused about which side they are on, but once it comes time to roll for initiative they all turn into Sun Tzu.
Morollan

Postby Daeni on Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:15 pm

Hi,

I joined in May (as in month of the year, not as an unborn in May) as DK Tank and had a great run. I am hanging up my plate with Cata and I am going to enjoy a long rest before the fire with my feet up. No worries, I am passing the baton to Taeni who will be a lot furrier, or better looking depending on what role is needed.

I will miss being able to deathgrip stuff just before the melee get to the mob, the dragon roulette, and being able to crossdress in any gear to achieve that "special" effect. Also my cloak will become unlickable at times, we will have to deal with that in some way, sorry Drexx.

9/12 heroics in ICC was more that I ever dreamed would be possible for me in WOW. This is a great guild and I hope to be able to contribute for a long time to come. The drop of the Tabard of the Lightbringer that Taeni is now wearing is really nice in that it for me brings some continuity between Lich King and Cata.

cheers!

Danei
Daeni

Postby Highbred on Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:13 pm

All the best under your new class officer (Got your hands full their Luci)! I'll kick you out of /bonerdk channel now... whoops.. did I forget to invite you? Thought it was abit quiet.
Main:
Class Officer

Highbred
Officer

Postby Bramwyn on Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:51 pm

its all right phil, drexx is switching to his dk and he has that blood dps spec all sorted out....
Head of TDBDHA
11 million members and counting
Bramwyn
Officer

Postby Dris on Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:03 pm

have to take issue with that last post i'm afraid bram.

i *think* you'll find, TDBDHA is up to 12million members now...

d
Dris
The Big Boner

Return to Joining the Backbone