Boarhug, Druid, Feral DPS

Think you've got what it takes to join The Devils Backbone? Post your details in here and we'll get back to you

Moderators: Drexx, Løyning

Boarhug, Druid, Feral DPS

Postby Boarhug on Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:11 pm

Character name: Boarhug

Character class: Druid

Character level: 80

Character spec, please explain why you chose this spec: Feral DPS. I've tried all the druid specs in level 80. I was first out as a Boomkin, but did respec Resto really fast. I had that as a mainspec for a while, but respeced Feral Tank as my mainspec to try that. Over some time, i got a bit good gear, but started to find tanking a bit boring, so i respeced cat dps, that i am today, and that i like really well.

Which glyphs are you using, and why: I got "Glyph of Shred", "Glyph of Rip" and "Glyph of Savage Roar". The "GoS" and "GoR" makes the cat rotation much smoother. The "GoSR" is just a good profit, 3% more damage bonus, a need for cat dps.

What do you think is important for your character to focus on: Nothing much, maybe a bit gear-up. Not that i have bad gear, but i always like to get better. 5,1k GS is decent.

Do you have an offspec, and do you have gear for it: I got Restoration as offspec, and i got more than decent gear for it, so if you need a resto in a raid, i will be there.

Character tradeskill professions and levels: Got Herbalism (450) and Alchemy (269, currently leveling)

In The Devils Backbone we use Ventrillo. Can you use it, do you have a microphone for speaking: Yes, i do.

How long have you been playing, and at 80 (use /played in-game): Totally: 17 days, 19 hours, 50 minutes. 80: 8 days, 9 hours, 14 minutes. Got much more on my previous main called "Illuminatis".

Raid experience
Classic: Molten Core, Zul'Gurub, Temple of Ahn'Qiraj
TBC: Tempest Keep, Karazhan and Black Temple
WotLK: Naxxramas 10/25, The Eye of Eternity 10, The Obsidian Sanctum 10+3/25, A bit Ulduar, Onyxia's Lair 10/25, Trial of the Crusader 10/25, ICC 10 4/12

Will you be able to attend the raids (answer yes, no or maybe):
Monday 20.15-23.00: Yes
Wednesday 20.15-23.00: Yes
Thursday 20.15-23.00: Yes

Make sure to give us an armory link (please log off in your PvE gear): http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... cn=Boarhug I hope i remember to log off in dps gear, im much in my resto gear cause of random dungeons.

Also, make sure to have your gear enchanted. Under geared people may still get accepted if they take the effort to enchant their gear properly. Conversely, well geared people with no enchants may be turned down, or told to enchant their gear ASAP before raids.

What sets you aside from other applicants: As you said in the nope above, i got fully gemmed and enchanted gear with the best types of gems and enchants there is (except for my boots, they got a blue gem that i am not proud of, and i would like to switch out).

Previous guild(s): Order of Elune

Reason(s) why you left previous guild(s): Main reason is that i rerolled druid from my Rogue and was reapplying to the guild, but then as Druid tank. They didn't need any other spec that resto for druids, so i stayed there generally as social member for a while, but when i respeced cat i wanted to raid more than i did, so i left the guild and went out on the marked for a new one.

Reasons why you would like to join: Because i like your level of raiding, progressive and structured, perfect for me.

Were all of the above characters levelled by you from the start?: Yes

Any alts you would like to join with: My level 80 Rogue, Illuminatis

Are there any people in the guild that you know: Nope

-Boarhug
Boarhug

Re: Boarhug, Druid, Feral DPS

Postby Dris on Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:46 pm

hi boar, thanks for the app.

while we're not currently looking for melee dps, we are one or two trees down. would you be good enough to post an armoury link of yourself in resto spec so we can take a look at you. please also ensure you have your resto gear on when you log out.

cheers, and we'll get back to you as soon as we can, either here or in-game

d
Dris
The Big Boner

Postby Boarhug on Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:18 am

It says that you are high on Druid cat though, that was really the reason i applied, not for my resto spec.
Boarhug

Postby Boarhug on Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:52 am

You can forget the application, i got into Synergy, but thanks for your time :)
Boarhug

Return to Joining the Backbone