Holy paladin looking for a new home.

Think you've got what it takes to join The Devils Backbone? Post your details in here and we'll get back to you

Moderators: Drexx, Løyning

Holy paladin looking for a new home.

Postby Benny on Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:23 pm

Character name: Bennybang

Character class: Paladin

Character level: capped.

Character spec: Holy with decent ret and decent tank gear, offspec gear isnt uberpro either.

Character tradeskill professions and levels: Bs/mining 450.

In The Devils Backbone we use the WoW voice chat. Please make sure you are familiar with it. A microphone is not required but you do need to listen to tactics and hilarious banter. Got mice vt and ts, and I love to say random things now and then;(

Naxx wings cleared 10 man: aye

Sartharion 10 man: jih

Malygos 10 man: yep

Naxx wings cleared 25 man: jippee-kaye

Sartharion 25 man: mhm

Malygos 25 man: yus

Ulduar 10 man: up to Yogg.

Ulduar 25 man: Up to the crazy catwoman cept council and Ignis.

Make sure to give us an armory link (try to log off in the gear you wish to raid in e.g. healers log off in healing gear) Will try to remember to log off in holy gear. http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... =Bennybang

Also, make sure to have your gear enchanted. Under geared people may still get accepted if they take the effort to enchant their gear properly. Conversely, well geared people with no enchants may be turned down, or told to enchant their gear ASAP before raids. I know there is one gem on my boots that is pore.

Previous guild(s): With that toon just Order of the black rose.

Reasons why you would like to join: Your doing nice progress without beeing overly hardcore and demanding every member to give up their RL to raiding. And I know Lillian irl and he say tdbb is a pretty nice place with good and hilariouse players and three of my former guildmembers are there :P

Were all of the above characters levelled by you from the start?: Not really;< I bought Benny in lvl 40 from another irl buddie who both Lillian and me know, got him for 300g and changed name :shock: Been a warrior of light ever since :!:

Any alts you would like to join with: Nope, alts are boring and time consuming;<

Sincerely Benny!
Benny

Re: Holy paladin looking for a new home.

Postby Dris on Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:04 pm

thanks for the app benny - we'll let you know here or in-game how we want to proceed 8)

d
Dris
The Big Boner

Postby Tintank on Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:10 pm

hey there Benny :) gl with the app.
Tintank

Postby Benny on Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:36 pm

Tintank wrote:hey there Benny :) gl with the app.

Hey Tincan :D And thanks:p

Havent been much online due to moving and currently looking for an apartment, but will probably be have more time to play in a weeks time :) MIght log on now and then just to say hay to friends and such, so you are welcome to chat about my application and similar ;)

Benny.
Benny

Postby Durfink on Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:34 pm

Thanks for the update, I will contact you to discuss your application when I see you in-game.
I got the skillz to heal the illz
Durfink
Officer

Postby Dimple on Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:07 pm

Benny wrote:Were all of the above characters levelled by you from the start?: Not really;< I bought Benny in lvl 40 from another irl buddie who both Lillian and me know, got him for 300g and changed name :shock: Been a warrior of light ever since :!:
No offence but I never have (and still don't) understand why people do this.

http://www.wow.com/2009/08/03/officers- ... banhammer/

It's not difficult to level a player on a legitimate account, the hours taken levelling are nothing in comparison to those lost if you eventually lose that traded account. Buying an account from a friend is the same as buying from ebay, it's against the rules /points at 11 however you word it.

Just my two cents, good luck with your application.

D
Dimple

Postby Benny on Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:47 pm

[/quote] No offence but I never have (and still don't) understand why people do this.

http://www.wow.com/2009/08/03/officers- ... banhammer/

It's not difficult to level a player on a legitimate account, the hours taken levelling are nothing in comparison to those lost if you eventually lose that traded account. Buying an account from a friend is the same as buying from ebay, it's against the rules /points at 11 however you word it.

Just my two cents, good luck with your application.

D[/quote]

I fully understand your point of view, tho I dont think it is the same. I have allways loved to read up on allmost everything on wow such as other classes and game mechanics/some lore etc, and have a mage that was lvl 70 wich I played on throughout whole bc + a rogue and I think that I played them both pretty well. Did all up to vashj and keal'thaz pre nerf and got an offer from NiD mid bc, so that differs from the regular ebayer and I knew how the paladin worked and how its story has been since vanilla. I have levled lots of chars to 25-40 b4 and I know I wouldnt miss out on the autoswing my way to lvl 40 as it was pre rewamp of the paladin mechanics. Eventho I wasnt the person that created my paladin in the first place, I feel that it is througout my character just as much as the rogue and the mage. The only different is that I did not level the previouse 40 levels, but I didnt miss anything, tbh I only have missed the lvls from 20-40 as I once upon a time levled a paladin just for pure fun/boredom. Sry for my wall of text and typos as I write on a laptop and I do not like the laptop keyboard;o Hope this clears up a bit in the "Not levled by me from the start" con ;) I am pretty up to date on the holy tree, ret tree and have good ideas on the protection tree both PvE wise and PvP wise as I love this class;)

Benny. (Did not spell check;z )
Benny

Postby Dimple on Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:04 pm

No problem, you're being honest but it's one of those things probably best kept to yourself. I and most others will agree that the old (pre-mount) grind to level 40 wasn't great, throw in instances like Gnomeregan and it's hard to imagine we didn't quit before getting anywhere near 40.

About you, well we had a chat a few weeks ago when you were on MSN with other OotBR members. I know you're a genuine player, your ex-guildies now with TDB will no doubt have put in a good word for you so there's nothing to worry about there. :)
Dimple

Postby Benny on Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:59 pm

Yeah, Im not actually been broadcasting that fact, its just the bunch of mature friends/players that Lillian and me have been playing with for allmost 3 years that knows it cept you (Hey, you asked in the app for that, just beeing honest ;) ), but I trust that guy I bought the acc from 110%. I even have been baby-sitting his daughter:P

What do you mean D? I only have msn adress to one oobr member:p Anyhow, the other ex oobr members will just tell the truth and I wont ask them to tell anything else :) Feel free to ask about anything here or ingame.

Benny.
Benny

Return to Joining the Backbone